I have a lot of catching up to do...

W

Whimsical

Oh, boy.

I guess this is what happens when one ceases to play Magic at around Ice Age and migrate over to Legend of the Five Rings <suddenly hears a low chanting of "heretic" and nervously starts eyeing the asbestos suit>. You lose track of all these cards.

Last I played, there were still interrupts in existence ... and none of these new-fangled concepts like echo (I like this one), fading (took one look at it and shuddered), growing (time bombs in Magic, huh?), etcetera, etcetera.

I guess my biggest wake-up call was having a Bone Shredder repeatedly haunt my <sic> Extended Goblin Deck via Haunted Crossroads. <smiles and shrugs> Nothing like having your heini roasted to motivate you.

Time to research and brush up on the new deck concepts...

P.S. <waves hi to everyone> Sorry. Too busy griping.

P

Purple_jester

Welcome to the CPA. Hope you like it here. If this is the first Magic site you've been to in ages (Ice Ages... hehe... sorry...) then you've picked the best there is. Congratulations.

Have a look around. You can orient yourself with the current trends of Magic in a very short time while you're around here.

Also, I'll do Zadok a favor. If you want a little orange nickname beneath you user name just like most of us, send Zadok a private message and ask him for one. Okay?

(Zadok, you owe me :)) [Damn straight I do. :) That's _my_ speech! --Zadok001]

D

Dark Horse

Hey

Its also gonna come to pass that a 5/5 creature with fading for 4 is gonna beat the crap out of you and there will be nothing you can do about it cuz its untargetable.

Or someone will kill you with a Mageta and then proceed to never let you get out another creature again.

Welcome.

W

Whimsical

Would that 5/5 fading be a nature-loving beast with a serious explosive skin complex? <blushes and immediately switches setting on the Antaran-English translator> You meant Blastoderm, didn't you, mister Mogg Accountant?

Yup. Bumped into one those in a friendly match. Thank goodness for Gorilla Chieftains. ^_^

Zadok, huh? Thanks for the tip, Purple Jester. I was wondering how many posts you had to place to get those cute orange descriptions ... silly me.

Mogg Accountant. Red/Red. 0/1. Summon Goblin. T: Force target opponent to count cards in hand out loud and tell you the exact number. T, sacrifice: Force target opponent to give you an estimate of the actual net value of his deck.

"Three, four, five gold pieces ... what came after five again?"

I'd do the Sorceress Queen card, but one already exists.

Sorceress Princess. 1/Black. 0/1. Summon Sorceress. T: Turn target creature you control into a 0/1 black creature until end of turn.

"Almost got it ... Darn! That's the fifth pit lord I turned into a nettling imp today!"

Don't mind me. It's just a hobby of mine. ^_^

F

FoundationOfRancor

Hi there! I know how you feel. I left after urza's saga, and I came back for MM. I remeber some phrases I said alot back then...

"WTF is a masticore!!!!???"
"Plow under....this is magic, right?"
"I thought necro was just a problem in extended"
"whats so good about crop rotation?"

If you ever want to play on apprentice, im game. Welcome to the CPA, its the best magic site there is.

A

Apollo

Welcome! This is a great place if you're just getting back into Magic, cause the people here are always willing to help you out and get you back on your feet. If you have any questions at all, just go ahead and ask.

T

theorgg

Welcome. It's good to have an old player here.

So you've met the Fat Bastard? he's a beater, ain't he?

Also--If you have any of the Ice Age Pink Forests(Pink Forest=Pink Floyd=PowerFul), I'd be willin' to trade[lightly] for 'em...

oh yea--M/F/O?

Z

Zadok001

Hey, you sound like I did when I restarted playing during Stronghold! :) Man... That was a long time ago... I feel ancient.

Anyways, I would be the oft-referred to Zadok, you're friendly nickname guy/Founder. I get the feeling you already know how to Private Message people, but since Purple Jester ripped off most of my 'New Member Nickname' speech, I'll point out that you can PM me by clicking the little button under this post with 'PM' written on it. :)

If you don't already, one great way to learn what the cards do on short notice is to stop by http://www.dragonstudios.com and download Apprentice. It's a good card database, plus it lets you play online (if it works, which it doesn't for me...).

But welcome aboard! :) Hope you have fun 'round 'ere!

By the way, don't even TRY to make _my_ nickname into a card... It already is...

"... stars and planets taking shape..."

W

Whimsical

Old?! I'm only in my early twenties! Oh, wait. You're referring to Magic set age. <sob, sob> Yes, I admit it! I AM old. <smiles and shrugs> The wise part that's supposed to come with experience, I'm still working on that.

M/F/O ... sounds like some odd code but I'm guessing it's a gender question. <smiles> What do YOU think, mister theorgg? I like Orggs by the bye. They're cute and they tear a mirror Sligh deck apart.

And I was so looking forward to making the Zadok card. Tsk. Oh, well. As for the rest of you ... <sly grin> Consider this my way of thanking you for the welcome.

I'm Not On Fire! Instant. 2WW. Prevent all damage done to you from a card with fire in its art.

"Stop, drop, roll. Stop, drop, and roll. Stop, drop, and roll..."

Bird Boy. Summon Boy. 1R. 0/1. Flying. Bury target Bird Maiden when Bird Boy comes into play.

"So ... you fly around here often?"

Slob. Summon Slob. 3BBB. 6/4. Trample. Other creatures you control may not attack or block whenever Slob is assigned to combat.

"Amazing. Even the zombies won't come near him..."

Wall Crawler. Summon Crawler. GG. 0/2. G, T: tap Wall Crawler to tap target wall.

"My secret? I use lotsa glue. Now somebody please help pry me off this wall of heat..."

Enjoy!

T

theorgg

I'd say female from all the <sob!> <g>, et cetera, but you could have a very "bubbly" personality...

and next time, it's just Orgg...

and the art looks a hell of a lot better than I do IRL... :)

W

Whimsical

I aim to please, Apollo.

Or at the very least amuse.

And I resent being thought of as a bubblehead, mister Orgg sir. I'm an airhead and proud of it! ^_^

One of these days, I should move these parody cards over to the off-topic section. One of these days...

P

Purple_jester

Everyone has a card but you! Here, I made you one...

Adorable Sliver 1WG
Summon Sliver
All slivers gain, "Give control of this sliver to any target player, add 3 mana of any combination of colors to your mana pool." Play this ability as an instant.
2/2
"Aww, it's sooooo cute! Can I have one?
Of course, my dear, but it will cost you dearly..."
--- Takara and Greven Il-Vec

(Hopefully we can get Phil Foglio to do the artwork...) ;)

W

Whimsical

Y'all went and beat me to the punch, mah dear Purple Jester. Tsk. Although I was kinda hoping for something kinda a bit tad close to ...

Adorable Sliver. Summon Sliver. 1GG. 0/1. All creatures opponent controls must block target creature during combat. Adorable Sliver must attack every turn if possible.

"Aaagh! Step on it, quick!"

I posted mister Duel's card in another thread ... but hey...

Drow. Summon Elf. BB. 1/1. Draw a card when Drow comes into play.

"Very punny..."

All these cards would be better off if Mister Foglio did ALL the art...

C

Cateran Overlord

Hullo and welcome to the Greatest Magic Site Ever™!

2 female player in one week? Wow, this is all going to hell in a handbasket, though she could be hot (dammit, said it out loud again :eek: )

D

DÛke

'ello Whim, you are welcome here.
Sorry I'm late, but, like someone said, better now, then never:).

W

Whimsical

<waves hi> Thanks again for the warm welcome, people and various assorted lifeforms!

<smiles and shrugs> To continue the tradition...

Black Beast. Summon Beast. BB. 1/1. T: Target white creature loses flying until end of turn.

"Like it 'sez in the movie ... white men can't jump!"

Mercenary. Summon Mercenary. RRR. 0/2. Trample, Haste. You may sacrifice a land you control to give Mercenary +1/+1 until end of turn.

"He's STILL asking for more? Oh, go sell off the palace..."

Admittedly, that Mercenary card isn't as funny as I wanted it to be. Hey, give me a break. Not much humor to be found in one word that sounds all too serious...

Enjoy!

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

While you've been here for a few days, I've been busy and rarely check this section. But I got around to it today. Just stopin by to say Welcome. Here is some welcome pie. I don't remember what I put into it but it smells pretty good.