MTGO Help

L

Lythand

Ok I purchased the coreset of MTGO. If anyone has commons they could spare so I can start collecting to make decks that would be great. I was kind of dead set about playing a game of valuable cards I would never own and I would have to pay for them, but what the heck, I pay 15 bucks a month for WoW and I will never own any of that crap either. If anyone can help, that would be great.

And pointers are welcome as well.

B

baronandre

Welcome to MTGO:

Feel free to look me up on MTGO anytime. My user name is baronandre. As far as tips go my advice would be not to buy packs if you know what cards you want. Purchasing tix lets you get the cards you want without waste. You can find dealers who wil sell 32 commons or more for 1 tix each. The other option is to lurk the auction room (type /join auction) and hope some play sets of commons for the various releases come up. This is hit or miss but if you run across some you can get them very cheap.

I know what you mean about paying for digital objects. I felt the same way at first, but now I almost prefer it. I don't have any storage problems and unlike where I live I can always find a game. Be ready to deal with some jerks. Just learn to take it in stride and you will be ok.

I could fill up a page with further advice, but I won't take up the bandwidth here. Give me a shout on MTGO and I would be happy to answer any question I can. Just remind me your from CPA :)

O

orgg

I'm CPAlliance The Orgg (as I think I said before).

I'd also recommend buying commons at 96 for a ticket, or more. That's the deal you can get with patience.

L

Lythand

Yea I been looking into that. I already purchased a small white weenie deck off ebay.