The Ultimate Magic Draft

turgy22

Nothing Special
DarthFerret said:
I will support a shorter waiting period, as long as people here will understand that I will be unavailible between the 2nd and the 7th of September (getting married, have a honeymoon, not taking the computer as I don't want to be divorced right away! :rolleyes: )
I think someone needs to get their priorities in order. How dare you choose a woman over Magic! ;)

I

Istanbul

The fact that none of you have chosen Groffskithur yet is a testament to the fact that you are all noobs. NOOBS, I say!

Melkor

I agree as well, I should definitely pick now. I say we give it till tomorrow afternoon, that'll give the other people time to comment and perhaps Homestar time to show up.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What? No way! It's been almost a full week; I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt for the weekend (since I'm not here on weekends).

Let's move on; I'm not here tomorrow (Friday) and I'd like to pick before I leave today - otherwise, you guys will have to wait until Monday for me.

turgy22

Nothing Special
To be completely honest, I'm starting to favor moving the time limit to 1 day. I'm worried that the lack of timely picks may end up having a snowball effect. First one person goes a week without checking in and then a couple other people realize that its taking a while and don't bother checking that often and before we know it, the handful of people that are taking longer than everyone else to pick are barely showing up at all.

I think most people can take the time to check in once a day or at least let us know when they'll take longer (like Spidey on the weekend) or have someone else pick for them if they'll be really long (like Melkor). That's just me, though.

Either way, Homestar's time is up. Let's keep moving.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I totally agree but was favoring 2-3 (week)days because what if I checked in Ransac picked Monday, I checked Monday, and then Oversoul picked after I was gone? Unless you mean a full 24 hours from the last pick, which would make sense... but just to keep the "bookkeeping" easy, I was saying 2-3 days (one extra day for the heck of it, since it was such a drastic change from the previously agreed time period of a week).

But yeah, I don't see why people can't check in every day (or subscribe to the thread so they can get notified via email that someone posted); if outside commitments have made that unlikely to impossible, it's fine to step out and maybe someone else can step in.

Melkor

Game on.

I think one day is probably too little but two days is fair, and the next person picks on the third day.

D

DarthFerret

2 days would be my vote, mainly because there are some evenings that I just have to desire to turn on a computer, but I usually check in daily.

D

DarthFerret

**DarthFerret pulls out Ransac's Lead Rabbit, and hits him with it**

Your turn man....:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, with the exception of me because I was off on the weekend, we wrapped through and got back to Homestar in about a day and a half. So here's hoping we don't have to wait another 3 days before continuing on...