The Ultimate Magic Draft

Melkor

I don't see anything wrong with the current system, it seems to be working well enough. Maybe 15 more picks from now we'll see more serious flaws, but as for now, I'm with Ransac, don't fix what ain't broke.

D

DarthFerret

**Pulls up a stool in the loser's corner for mooseman to sit on with him.**

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Zigathon has been on twice now without drafting, so I say we skip his two picks and continue on again with turgy22.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Maybe not. PM him. Perhaps he doesn't know it's his turn. Plus, he technically has a week until we skip him. When was the last pick made?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Melkor

I don't recall shortening the period, fortunately Zigathon has shown up and made his picks. Which annoys me, because I wanted the Disk next.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
See my post from 7/13. Ransac was the only one who really responded, although in the affirmative.

And the week was if someone hadn't logged on at all. If someone's logging on and posting elsewhere but not here, their turn has basically gone by.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So... was it only Ransac and I who agreed to a shorter period of 2-3 days? Did the majority want to keep it a week before moving on to the next person?

Melkor

I'd be willing to shorten the waiting period but have we agreed on the consequences, I'd figure something like what we've done with Zigathon.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, same thing. You can pick if you come back before your next turn but if a full turn passes, you have to wait until the end of the draft to catch up.

D

DarthFerret

I will support a shorter waiting period, as long as people here will understand that I will be unavailible between the 2nd and the 7th of September (getting married, have a honeymoon, not taking the computer as I don't want to be divorced right away! :rolleyes: )

H

Homestar

Ahh guys I am so sorry =/. School started for me and I have football practice 'till 7 o' clock each night and all honors classes for an outrageous amount of homework and everything.

I'll get back on track though, that won't happen again. Sorry again =/

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not trying to be a hardoink - I understand real-life obligations get in the way. Heck, I'm not on during the weekends. And DF, yours is okay because you're letting us know.

At the same time, we wanna keep this moving. We're not even at the halfway point and it's been what, 6 months or so? Obviously new things happen in people's lives that couldn't have been forseen (some of them) when we started but at the same time, if real life gets in the way and people can't be on regularly enough to keep it going, it'd be a courtesy to the others to perhaps just drop out and wait for the next one, when you have more time. No one's gonna blame you :)

I hope no one's offended and can understand my point of view :)