The Ultimate Magic Draft

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not to sound heartless :) but if he's having online problems, he should probably still drop out and wait until the next go when his online connection is more consistent...

Melkor

So just to make this whole situation extra fun, I'm going to Prague for a month starting monday. Obviously my online time will be limited, however, I have a friend who I'm going to have make my picks for me, so there shouldn't be any disruption on your guys end. I'll have him sign up and post here today so that there is no funny business.

Oh, and I consent to the will of the group on whether or not to drop a missing drafter, but, I am definitely in favor of just forgetting about any of that players picks if they are dropped. It's too much of a logistical nightmare to sort out what to do with their cards.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I'm going to California and Oregon for the next two weeks starting Monday also. I think I can give my next two picks to TomB but after that, I need to see how the draft is shaping up before I chose again (if it manages to come around to me again by then).

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
He did, but he has returned from his trip since then. If he hasn't posted in the next day or so, I'll draft his next pick for him.

Spiderman: Any chance that you can sticky the draft thread?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Gotcha. Draft well for him. I shall hope to thwart any attempt of an actual deck he may make. MWA-HA-HA-HA!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Okay, we have skipped over Zigathon for his picks. Do we want to boot him out?

Plus: turgy22 has just drafted a third color. EITHER he's drafting with a plan to successfully utilize all three OR he's drafting the best that he sees available and possibly shifting gears.

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ransac said:
Okay, we have skipped over Zigathon for his picks. Do we want to boot him out?
I think we should just continue skipping over him until he checks back in. Then we'll let him continue drafting as usual.

Ransac said:
Plus: turgy22 has just drafted a third color. EITHER he's drafting with a plan to successfully utilize all three OR he's drafting the best that he sees available and possibly shifting gears.
Honestly, I'm going with what I think are the best cards. Only two players had drafted red cards up to that point (both as win conditions for infinite-mana combos), so the red pool is still deep. Wheel of Fortune is one of my favorite cards, so I decided to take it. So far, none of my picks have 2CC in their costs, so I might try to utilize all three colors, too. I'm not sure yet.

Basically, I'm drafting like I always draft: Pick a card I like now and worry about building the deck later.

D

DarthFerret

Ok, ok, drafted my card...yeesh...I only take a day or two and y'all get snippy! Seriously, finally got the phone lines on, and have my DSL back now! Therefore, should be able to be faster at this now. I guess my choice in red is good since the pool is still pretty "Deep" as Turgy put it! Kin ya sees wheres I is a goins withs my deck?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Secret note to combo drafters that keep taking red burn spells: pick Kaervek's Torch already. It is harder to counter than Disintegrate or Fireball or Blaze or whatever. You guys keep taking other spells that aren't counter-resistant and now you're making ME want to pick it just to laugh at you for waiting to choose it. :rolleyes:

L

Lythand

Oversoul said:
Secret note to combo drafters that keep taking red burn spells: pick Kaervek's Torch already. It is harder to counter than Disintegrate or Fireball or Blaze or whatever. You guys keep taking other spells that aren't counter-resistant and now you're making ME want to pick it just to laugh at you for waiting to choose it. :rolleyes:

SSSSSHHHHHhhhhh!!!...

Your giving away my picks.

D

DarthFerret

Geeze, and my whole strategy was to make you waste a pick on it, just so you would think you were laughing at me, all the while, just ruining your own deck. Did not work with the cruciable, figured it might work with some red burn....

turgy22

Nothing Special
Oversoul said:
Turgy and Ransac: stop picking cards I want. All card-drawing belongs to me!
What's the next card you want? I'll trade you the Chrome Mox for it.

Also, everyone make a note that Spidey's next pick is going to be Lotus Petal. Thanks, TomB ;)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I love picking right before Oversoul. It appears that I always take one of the cards he is vying for. :D

Ransac, cpa trash man