MTGO green casual room fun

B

baronandre

This is a deck I run on MTGO when I don't want a bunch of carping tossed in my direction. Its a basic smash face deck that doesn't have any real money rares (for MTGO)

Creatures

4 Chlorophant
4 Gogari Brownscale
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Nantuko Vigilante
4 Sakura Tribe Elder
4 Slith Predator
1 Golgari Guildmage

Spells/Artifacts

4 Blanchwood Armor
4 Moldervine Cloak
4 Whispersilk Cloak

Land

23 forest

The only cards in the deck that will surprise opponents are the vigilantes. There are some interesting reactions sometimes when you flip one and nail an opponent's faith fetters placed on a buff Chlorophant.

Any suggestions are appreciated but remember I am trying to keep the deck under the radar of the MTGO casual police. Thanks!

L

Limited

I would add another morph creature..
kinda of a personal rule, but now people will know exactly what creature your morph is when they have already played against this deck or seen one die. I have no idea of prices on MTGO, but perhaps you could get your hand on a Hystrodon? Or perhaps a Branchsnap Lorian?

To go with your Golgari Guildmage, why not replace three Forests with Golgari Rot Farm? It will make the Blanchwood Armor a tad smaller, but still very effective.

Great deck anyway.. keep 'm coming!

J

jorael

I see you have Golgari Brownscale in your deck, now that is a cool card! It would make an entire different deck but that dredge creatures combos great with Tortured Existence :) Just toss one Brownscale away to return another one and you gain 2 life for each black mana you pay! I use this deck to annoy my playgroup:

Dancing Mausoleum said:
10 Forest
10 Swamp
4 Svogthos, the Restless Tomb

4 Tortured Existence

4 Stinkweed Imp
4 Boneshredder
4 Golgari Brownscale
4 Eternal Witness
4 Nantuko Vigilante
4 Mausoleum Turnkey
4 Gleancrawler
4 Krosan Tusker
Stinkweed Imp gives you early defense and can dredge your graveyard full with creatures (the deck contains 32 creatures). Boneshredder is my othr favorite black early drop: repeatable removal! Krosan Tusker fixes you mana and is a big fattie if you need one. Eternal Witness and Mausoleum Turnkey give you back your needed cards.

Masoleum Turnkey might give you a creature you don't want, but Tortured Existence solves that. I really like returning Krosan Tusker for keep developing my mana base. This deck can always use more mana.

In your deck I would replace the Brownscales and use some creatures with evasion, Silhana Letchwalker for example. Turn 2 Letchwalker, turn 3 enchant it gives you a fast start!

In that case I might drop the Whispersilk Cloak for some other kind of equipment or trick.

Good luck!

J

Jareth, Goblin King

If they are in MTGO, I would add rancors. I don't know if it will go with the deck plan, but I have found them to be very useful in any mono green deck I made

B

baronandre

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately rancor is not on MTGO. I do love the card and would have it if it was. Good advice on the morph creature, I will have to look for one in my collection that fits. Thanks everyone

T

Talon1

is there an artifact card to revive a goblin from a grave yard? if so name of card and the deck i would have to purchase?

L

Limited

I'm not sure what you mean..
There is no artifact that says: "Return target Goblin from your graveyard to play" but perhaps you can get your hands on either Lifeline or Sword of Light and Shadow. Note that these are both expensive cards..

When you ask which deck you have to purchase: are you talking about Precon or Tournament decks? Or do you just want to know what set they are from?

If you want to buy specific cards, you're better of trying to find them on ebay or in an online store.

Perhaps if you post your decklist, we can provide some more help

J

Jareth, Goblin King

To Talon1,
Limited is right, Lifeline and Sword of Light and Shadow are the only artifacts that would do what you want. I would suggest the Sword over Lifeline. Also, I encourage you to post your decklist.
I have expericence with goblin decks and would be more than willing so share any advice.