The Ascetic

P

Photon Eater

Okay, I originally posted this in my introductory thread, but I wanted to post it here for posterity. If that's a problem, tar and feather me or whatever.

But here it is, my pet deck, my baby, the deck that I have been building and tuning for over a year now-

Lands
Plains x 21

Creatures
Soul Warden x 4
Auriok Champion x 3
Mother of Runes x 3
Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker x 2
Pristine Angel x 2

Instants
Otherworldly Journey x 4
Bathe in Light x 4
Reciprocate x 4
Disenchant x 2

Enchantments
Serra's Blessing x 2
Glorious Anthem x 2
Concerted Effort x 2

Artifacts
Well of Lost Dreams x 3
Isochron Scepter x 2
So there you have it. Comments?

L

Limited

Well, it seems a bit low on mana, but seeing that you've been tweaking the deck for some time I suspect you don't have any mana issues.

I like the Well of Lost Dreams with the Soul Warden combo. Taking the Concerted Effort into account i'd think you'd want to play four Auriok Champions.

Overal, I think the deck could use some more creatures.. you have a lot of spells to beef them up and protect them, but only 14 creatures to use them on seems a bit risky.

For instance, you could take out the Serra's Blessing and Glorious Anthem for Skyhunter Prowler and perhaps remove a Bath in Light, a Reciprocate and a Otherwordly Journey for another Concerted Effort and two Skyhunter Skirmisher (or go crazy and add Akroma :D)

Let us know which cards (if any) you change!

P

Photon Eater

Yeah, anything more than 21 mana usually results in flooding, considering the deck is monocolor and over half is below 3 mana.

I would play 4 Aurioks, except I don't own 4, and 3 + 4 Wardens has always proven to be more than enough.

I'm not sure why only 14 creatures seems risky. I don't really want it to be a creature deck, or a weenie deck. I've found that the creature base is more than satisfactory, considering it's damn near impossible to kill any given one.

I probably won't be changing it much, since it's gotten to the point where I like everything it does, and I win very consistently with it (I can't remember the last time I have lost with it, and many times, I can have the opponent dead before Pristine Angel even hits the board.)

L

Limited

Photon Eater said:
I probably won't be changing it much, since it's gotten to the point where I like everything it does, and I win very consistently with it
Well, thats your prerogative..

Photon Eater said:
(I can't remember the last time I have lost with it, and many times, I can have the opponent dead before Pristine Angel even hits the board.)
What killed your opponent that game? Soul Warden beatdown :D ?

P

Photon Eater

Actually, yes.

On a related note, since this deck has come together, I have coined the phrase "Church Ladies, attack!".

J

jorael

I would add some more creatures. Something like Akroma's Vengeance (or Wrath of God, or Oblivion Stone, or ...) will wipe the board and except Otherworldly Journey, you can't save your creatures. Well, with Ghostway you can....

Anyway, Dawn Elemental fits the theme, or a token generator like Kjeldoran Outpost or Mobilization :)

L

Limited

I see that Jorael is also part of the School of Lots Of Creatures!

J

jorael

Certainly! I make Tribal Decks like a drug addict taking his shots. So, 20 creatures minimum is my motto.

Actually, make that 24!
;)

J

jorael

Limited, you know that such a remark causes me to think hard before I realise what you mean and totally baffles the rest of the forum visitors?!

I'll shed some light into this matter: sometime soon a new edition of Tribal Tribute will make the front page with Ghosts included! But that will be after the one I'm typing down now.