4 Smokestack

2 Yavimaya Coast
4 Strip mine
2 Tree of Tales
7 Forest
4 Seat of the Synod
4 Island

oki.. this is the deck.
i have removed some card's and put in some new.. rancor and Fist of ironwood so helpe me out here.. can i do somthig to make it a bether deck?

M

Madbutcher

Madbutcher said:
2 Meloku the clouded Mirror
3 Tinker
4 Azusa, Lost but Seeking
2 Lifegift
2 Doubling Season
4 Fist of ironwood
4 Crucible of Worlds
2 Nuisance Engine
4 Blood Clock
1 Sol Ring
4 Rancor
4 Smokestack

2 Yavimaya Coast
4 Strip mine
2 Tree of Tales
7 Forest
4 Seat of the Synod
4 Island

oki.. this is the deck.
i have removed some card's and put in some new.. rancor and Fist of ironwood so helpe me out here.. can i do somthig to make it a bether deck?
i will play this deck for the first time to night.. so i hope iit will kick some @@@

Well i playd the deck last night.. and it so cool.
Strip mine and
Crucible of Worlds are so bad!! and with the card's in play and some counters on smokestack u cant loose the game:)

M

Madbutcher

Madbutcher said:
i will play this deck for the first time to night.. so i hope iit will kick some @@@

Well i playd the deck last night.. and it so cool.
Strip mine and
Crucible of Worlds are so bad!! and with the card's in play and some counters on smokestack u cant loose the game:)
Hey:) someone here want to tell me wath they think of this deck?:)

L

Limited

Okay, but remember: you asked for it.

First of all, Crucible of Worlds + Strip Mine is just nasty. To me, that gives this deck a not-so-casual shine, but I have no illusions on being able to define 'casual'.. its really up to your friends.

That said, 4x Strip Mine and 4x Tinker seems to push this deck towards type 1, while 4 Fists of Ironwood and only six creatures seems remarkably unstable.

Next, Smokestack + Rancor is ew (again, in my book). Fortunately your lack of creature will diminish the power of this combo significantly.

Overall, I just don't get what the deck is supposed to do besides get lucky and get a proven, nasty combo out. A lot of the other cards seem like 'win-more' cards and are just unnecessary.

Usually, in a group game, if someone plays a significantly more powerfull deck than the rest, either one of three things happen:
-the entire table gangs up against you and succeeds to thwart your every move, destroy all your permanents and pretty much prevent you from participating in the game.
-Or, the entire table gangs up on you but is playing mediocre decks so that you still pull of an easy win due to drawing into a combo soon.
-Or, the table doesn't gang up on you (some don't know the deck or just don't care anymore) and you get an even easier win.

In all cases, if I were the one playing the aforementioned superior deck, I would have no fun at all.

Again, I speak only for myself and hope I've explained why I haven't commented before.

M

Madbutcher

Hehe oki:)
4 strip mine and 3 tinker is bad:)
Rancor and Fists of Ironwood i'll use on tokens so 6 creatures are no problem:)

All my friends play total broken deck's so we all have funn when playing:)

But thanx for youre words:)

L

Limited

Madbutcher said:
All my friends play total broken deck's so we all have funn when playing:)
Can you post some decklists? Or name some cards they play with so I have an idea of what you're facing?

M

Madbutcher

moxes, strip mine, Hymn to Tourach, Metalworker, Fact or Fiction, Force of Will , land tax, Berserk, Demonic Tutor and stuff like this:)

a friend of mine just get his hand of and old collection magic.. so it's funn time :D

M

Madbutcher

well one of my friends think 4 strip mine and 3 tinker is to good for this deck..
So here is my new deck list:

2 Tropical island
2 Yavimaya coast
2 Tree of tales
4 Seat of the synod
4 Island
6 Forest
2 Dust bowl
1 Strip Mine

4 Crucible Of Worlds
4 Smokestack
1 Blood Clock
1 Nuisance Engine
1 Sphere of Resistance
1 Sol Ring
1 Tangle Wire

2 Meloku the clouded mirror
4 Azusa, Lost but seeking
3 Symbiotic elf
1 Squirrel Wrangler

2 Doubling Season
2 Lifegift

4 Rancor
4 Fist of Ironwood

1 Tinker
1 Time Warp

So now i hope he can live with this one

So.. Tell me wath yuo think?

P

Photon Eater

Forgive me for being a Johnny/Vorthos, but what does this deck really do aside from pull of some hard hitting combos?

I suppose it's okay. It's has some nastiness potential that might be a little much for casual, as Limited has said, but it's certainly not overly optimized. It doesn't have a lot of character, though. I realize that's not important to everyone, but it is to me, and you did ask what people thought (and last time I checked, I was people. ;) )

L

Limited

You are people?! :eek:

But when your friends play similar decks, filled with (semi)broken cards, it's hard to compete with a Ravnica-Block-All-Common-Non-Guild-Deck :D

To each his own and more political crap :eek:

(I'm all about ending sentences with smilies :cool: )

M

Madbutcher

Photon Eater said:
Forgive me for being a Johnny/Vorthos, but what does this deck really do aside from pull of some hard hitting combos?

I suppose it's okay. It's has some nastiness potential that might be a little much for casual, as Limited has said, but it's certainly not overly optimized. It doesn't have a lot of character, though. I realize that's not important to everyone, but it is to me, and you did ask what people thought (and last time I checked, I was people. ;) )
Haha the wath the deck do?
Well it make tokens, remove lands (and other permanents) I gain some life..
The game end with a token kill enchanted with Rancor or the opponent gives up..
U think the deck need to do more? :eek:

P

Photon Eater

No no, it's cool. I'm just the sort of person who is really oddball and always makes my deck have some sort of theme.

Like I said, I think it works fine. It has considerable power for a casual deck, has some nasty combos, but it doesn't do anything too innovative. That's okay, though, not every deck needs to. In fact, most don't, but like I said, I'm an oddball on that issue.

M

Madbutcher

Limited said:
You are people?! :eek:

But when your friends play similar decks, filled with (semi)broken cards, it's hard to compete with a Ravnica-Block-All-Common-Non-Guild-Deck :D

To each his own and more political crap :eek:

(I'm all about ending sentences with smilies :cool: )
And i still think this is a good deck..
maby i wil use Meditate insted of Time Warp ?
Then i get to draw cards and watch my
opponent hate Smokestack for 2 turns :rolleyes: