Least liked artist.

S

smurfturd

I dont know if there has been a poll on least liked artist, i have seen one for fav. artist.
My pick and i know alot of people like him, but i cant stand his work.

Phil Foglio, I just dont like his work. :( :( :(

D

DÛke

Phil and Kaja Foglio are really great artisits. I'm surprised to find someone disliking their artwork.

My favorite artists is Ron Spencer and rk Post(HE DREW UNMASK :))
My least favorite? I don't know...I think each artist had their own 'bad artistic' moments, and all had a good art somewhere.
Personally, I like all of them...

S

smurfturd

Phil's, work just dosent seem to fit in the magic fantasy world. His work is way to cartoonish for me.
It seems he should be doing Magic Jr., for kiddies.
I know alot of you people like him, its just my opinion.

D

DÛke

I want to know who's everyones favorite artist too, a long with your 'worst' artists :)

S

smurfturd

My fav's are
1-Kev Walker-Rancor & Argothian wurm
2-Anson maddocks-Plague Rats & Sengir Vampire
3-rk post-Avatar of woe & avatar of might

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!! RATS RULE!!!

sorry got a little excited when you mentioned plague rats. I like most of the art in prophecy. I don't have a favorite artist because i don't pay much attention to the art

A

arhar

Drew Tucker!!!!

I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE HIS "ART" !!!!

It seems that he's done his every picture by a convinient method of sh**ing on the drawing board!!!!

And Phil Foglio rules btw. Just look at Cooperation or Eureka. Awesome!

S

smurfturd

To tell the truth Arhar, Cooperation was the card that made me start this whole thing. I was looking in my commons box and came across it. Sorry dude ;)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
You either love Phil and Kaja's work, or you hate it. There's not much middle ground there.

I'm not real fond of them either, but MY vote for worst artist has been, and will always be, Harold McNeill. Drew Tucker is no bargain either, but at least he TRIED to draw something resembling a picture.

Harold didn't even come close.

[me]shudders[/me]

S

smurfturd

Harold McNeill, TomB could you list a couple of his cards
i dont recall any. I would lke to see them, well maybe not if there that bad.

G

Gizmo

Enduring Renewal, Errant Minion etc...
Harold McNeill`s stuff is very stylised I accept, but I for one like it.

I have to say that Drew Tucker`s Magic stuff is incredibly poor, some of them are just brown smears and I thought he was terrible - but then I saw his Vampire and Rage stuff and he was a revelation. Asked to paint faeries and elves he sucks, but if you want gritty realism then he`s the man to call.

THE worst artist of all time has to be the White Wolf guy called SCAR (actually two people, with initials SC and AR) - that stuff was SO bad that there was a petition put together from the fans and they were kicked off the art team.

D

DÛke

Enduring Renewal? That card has great art. If all his art( which I haven' seen) is like this than he shouldn't be a 'bad' artist.

H

Hetemti

Mark Poole SUCKS. 'Nuff said.
Drew Tucker just doesn't have enough detail for me.
I like the Foglios just because, though cartoonish, they are rather original with their work...Killer Bees with swords and shields is awesome.
rk Post is very good and very detailed. Some of the Avatars are a bit lame, but Woe, the powerhouse is simply awesome and having to do the five Avatars is quite a job to tackle. Hopefully they'll lighten up on him so he can increase the quality back to Destiny/Masques level.
Ron Spencer is great too. His work still captures Magic's dark side with his somethims creepy creatures.
I really like Paolo Parente's style, especially the way he works the shading. Also, there's a very slight "Foglioness" to his work...not cartoony, but subliminally interesting.
D. Alexander Gregory is interesting. I love the pallette he uses for Artifacts (Cursed Scroll, Bone Mask). Some of his other work though is lacking.
Scott M Fisher bugs me. I just don't like the slight mosaic effect of his art.
I love Bob Eggleton. Especially Shiv's Embrace. Fun Factoid: A large amount of his work is cover art seen on astronomy magazines.
Randy Gallegos is very good. I don't know why. Did you see that Sears ad with the girl in a nightgown surrounded by little yellow orb thingies? I say the plagerized that from Soul Warden.
Quinton Hoover is good...the occational inked work is nice.
Edward Beard Jr. used to suck. The Elder Dragons look so stupid! Yet...his work in Nemesis (Belbe's and Battlefield Perchers) is completely different. I'd like to see a reïssue of the Elder Dragons with art in Ed's new style.
Fay Jones. I wonder when MaRo will have her do another. (they're related.) I just want to know what the Dunce and the Jackal have been doing since they grabbed their beach ball and got off the tetter-totter. Perhaps I don't want to know...
All of the new art for old cards in 5th Edition SUCKED except for one. Pit Scorpion.
Oh...and Mark Poole sucks too.

C

Chaos Turtle

It's a tie between Drew Tucker and Anson Maddocks.

God, how did Maddocks get such a following?

Jesper Myfors never impressed me much, either.

*grumble*

T

theorgg

To state my favorite artist, it is Ian Miller.(insert rant here)

Least favorite? well, it looks like defication with phlyghm spit upon it.
yep, Drew Tucker is the ****er.

I havn't seen any of the art he did for other games, but I have heard it ain't too bad... I havn't seen it.

As for Mcneil, It's just not my cup of tea. It ain't that bad(cept for the Tempest COPs), but it just doesn't work for me.

As for Maddocs, His art is amazingly weird and scarry looking, and that makes him popular. not bad, I'd say, then again, this is Turtle we're talking about...

A

arhar

I think some of the artists have things they draw good, and things they draw bad. For example, Ron Spencer is AWESOME in drawing skirges, serpents, and other creepy and disgusting things. But (IMHO), he really can't draw anything else. Have you seen Angelic Chorus? Skyshroud Poacher? His angels and rebels are just as disgusting as his skirges!!

And Anson Maddocks's Fallen Angel ROCKS!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I've already said I liked the Foglios...

least favorite would have to be one of those art people in Mirage, and I think Drew Tucker was one of them. But honestly, I can't remember.

H

HumanError

As bad as Drew Tucker is, I'm going with Steve Luke (Mirage: Merfolk Seer, Coral Fighters, Abyssal Hunter, 5E Cave People) The man has no concept of "not everyone has to look like a muscle machine." His artwork is just rancid. Margaret Organ-Kean ranks up there, too. I couldn't stand her work, she made some of the ugliest cards in Homelands.

Favorite artist is probably one of the following: Quinton Hoover, Brom (his non-Magic stuff is insane), Ron Spencer, Mark Tedin (Juzam Djinn), and Jesper Myrfors (Atog, Bad Moon).

H

Hetemti

Ugh...me and my friend dispise those dang squares of her's so much we're gonna send them in to be signed. Gotta do something with those Tarpans and Hipperions and Amulets of Kroog, and so on...

T

The Relentless

Phil's art sucks. Plain and simple. Way to cartoonish. Kaja's is okay, some of hers are really nice, while some blow.

I am not a big fan of Impressionistic art, so Drew Tucker doesn't do anything for me, although Power-Leak (From revised) is kinda cool.