Evil Mono Blue

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Here is the deck that KJ called my Evil Mono-Blue deck.
I'd like to tweak it (or overhaul as the case may be).
It is for a casual setting with no specific card restrictions.
So what should get the heave Ho Ho Ho and what is worth keeping?
Thanks

Land
21 islands
2 Saprazzan Skerry

Artifacts
1 Vulshok Morningstar
1 Sckullcage
1 Faldon's Cane
1 Nuisance Engine

Creatures
2 Mischievous Quanar
2 Scalpelezis
2 Spire Owl
2 Wall of Air
1 Arachniod
1 Aven Fateshaper
1 Daring Apprentice
1 Fatespinner
1 Hovergaurd Sweepers
1 Overtaker
1 Phantom Warrior
1 Psychic Membrane
1 Razorgrass Screen
1 Sandbar Serpent
1 Wonder

Spells
4 Counter spell
3 Arcane Denial
2 Boomerang
2 Mana Leak
2 Memory Lapse
2 Tolarian winds
2 Upheaval
1 Blatant Thievery
1 Confiscate
1 Quash
1 Remove Soul
1 Tramatize
1 Turnabout

Killer Joe

Keep and/or add:

~4 Counterspell
~4 Mana Leak
~2 Quash
~4 "card drawing" cards
~4 Control Magic (or something like that)
~4 Spire Golem (a 2/4 Artifact Flyer for {6} colorless that has Affinity for Islands and for your deck they're practically 'free creatures')
~2 Upheaval (aka Up-Evil)
~4 Wall of Air
~X Ways to kill/control and/or piss people off

season to taste :D

Really, there are so many ways to go here. Me? I'm a big control freak (as you already know) but maybe you want to go more aggressive? Add Air Elementals or maybe creature bounce spells like Aether Burst, Seal of Bounce from Nemesis or Tradewind Riders.

My suggestions will only make your deck look like one of my kind of decks and therefore no longer be considered as a "FUN" deck :p

E

ElectroClash

I'd consider using Vedalken Shackles and Flow of Ideas .

L

Limited

Kinda hard to come up with suggestions if you don't tell us more about the deck.. what is it supposed to do? What card do you want the deck to be about?

I could certainly use more focus; more copies of the same cards, to improve consistency (if this is what you desire)

Killer Joe

and there's where the problem lies. :rolleyes:

This man, at a maximum, spends a whole 10 minutes on his decks and that's the day of the get-together and 15 minutes before he leaves for it.

The Vedalken Shackles are a nice touch and he may have some, I know I'm still looking for a fourth copy myself!

D

DarthFerret

Dream Halls, Palincron, High Tides and Time Spirals. Need I say more?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
How about replacing the artifacts listed with:
2 high tides
1 black vise
1 Iron Maiden

Are there any cards that make all opponents draw cards?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Prosperity and Temporal Cascade are good canidates.
I want to get cards into opponents hands before upheavaling and then slapping down a black vise or Iron Maiden (or both to be super evil).
This all has to be done on my turn before they have a chance to discard, so high tide or turnabout should provide the mana.
The best part is that it will be very evil for multi-player games......

M

Mikeymike

Couple of questions

Is this deck intended for One-on-One casual or Multi-player? If it is mainly for 1-v-1, you want to keep your casting costs down as much as you can, especially with your utility (i.e. non-combo) cards.

How exactly are you trying to win - Blue critter beatdown, or Upheaval-Vice comboing? If you want to win by combo, then focus on the combo. By doing piece-meal support of a combo (like your previous post suggests) you greatly limit your change of ever being able to rely on it since your combo components will come up so infrequently with your current card counts.

If you are looking for good but cheap card-draw, I'd go with some of the old staples and/or cost-effective spells before going to crazy with the huge card-draw effects. Deep Analysis could work, along with stuff like Fact or Fiction, Accumulated Knowledge, and Telling Time.

Also, I'd consider some constant mana acceleration (instead of one-shot deals like High Tide). For blue, artifact mana is likely the best attack approach for this. Great options include: Sky Diamond, Thran Dynamo, Sol Ring, Grim/Basalt Monolith (since you are often holding back mana anyway, untapping them is less of an issue).

Hope this helps.

E

ElectroClash

some good BLUE multiplayer cards :
Blatant Thievery (the more players in game the more powerful this card gets)
Bribery ( 5 mana to play an opponents biggest fatty is always fun )
Twincast ( in a multiplayer game someones always casting something worth copying).

for mana acceleration just use wayfarer's baubles and solemns'.

and for me the shackles are an auto-include in mono blue decks

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Updated deck List
Land
19 islands
2 Saprazzan Skerry
Artifacts
2 Vedalken Shackles
2 Black Vise
1 Iron Maiden
Creatures
2 Mischievous Quanar
2 Scalpelezis
2 Spire Owl
2 Wall of Air
2 Aven Fateshaper
2 Fatespinner
1 Hovergaurd Sweepers
2 Phantom Warrior
1 Fog Bank
1 Razorgrass Screen
Spells
3 Counter spell
3 Arcane Denial
2 Boomerang
2 Twincast
1 Memory Lapse
2 Prosperity
2 Brainstorm
2 Upheaval
1 Blatant Thievery
1 Remove Soul
1 Tramatize
1 Turnabout
1 Hightide

This is for casual multi-player games, so i want it to be flexible and confusing to my opponents.
Is it more focused? Less? Am I wasting everyone's time with this?

BTW - thanks for all the ideas and help.

Killer Joe

The deck is starting to take shape. I have many extra High Tides if you need them Mooseman. 4 High Tides will make your combo go off faster AND on your turn.