Necropression

M

Mundungu

I am trying to find out if necro potence can be used with opression.
I am tryiong to keep the deck 1,5 'cause of a coming tournament.

ensnaring bridge is suppose to be that artefact that says : creatures with power > number of cards in your hand cannot attack. goo combo with necro to make sure you have at least 2 cards to attack with the hippy.

Lets see :
4 DR
4 Necro
4 Opression
4 hippy
3 hymn
3 duress
3 ensnaring bridge
3 megrim
4 dauthi (for a slow but secure kill)
2 drain life
2 ivory tower
2 terror
2 dark banishing

Sideboard :
null rod, defense grid, perish any other ideas ?

the problem is of course the loss of life involved .. any suggestions ?

[Edited by Mundungu on August 10th, 2000 at 03:05 PM]

I

Istanbul

Lose both Dark Banishings and both Terrors for four Expunges. Expunge can kill creatures that Terror can't, and if your opponent is playing untargetables or black, you can cycle them.

R

razorback

How about 4 vishous hunger instead of terror or dark banishing. it will kill many creatures and help with the loss of life

G

Gumby Khan

Just thought you might want a V. tutor or R. tutor to help get that Megrim or Necro. Corrupt can be much more efficient than V. Hunger or Drain life, since you may want to kill that pesky Avatar of Woe or make a huge life swing against your opponent, IMHO. :)

C

Cateran Overlord

Istanbul, Expunge has the same target limitations as Terror. Only diff is it cycles. Seriously though, which Dauthi is it? Slayer? Horror? Mercenary? Warlord? etc. Finally, what lands are you using in what combination? Just help me out a bit here ok?

M

Mundungu

Well sorry about missing the description of the dauhtis 'cause I am at work and I am not very familiar with them ...

Any easy to cast with 2/1 damage will do.

As far as the land is concerned,
18 swamps + 2 lake of the dead
or maybe
18 swamps + 4 wasteland

Guby : all the tutors but the rhystic are banned in 1,5 :mad:

Thanks for helping ...

I

Istanbul

Watch out for those Lakes of the Dead. When adding them to a deck, I always SUBTRACT from the land count. This would leave you with 16 land.

Dauthi Horror is an easy-to-cast 2/1 shadow for 2...but you can get a 3/1 for 3 if you play Dauthi Marauder. Your call.

D

Duel

use a 2/2 for BB. Dauthi warrior. it must attack every turn. WOuldn't it anyways?