Rage of the {insert famous angry or red-aligned person}

D

Doombringer

Rage of the {Insert famous angry or red-aligned person} 5RR

(picture is of someone looking mad and fierce, with huge amounts or fire orbiting their body, and lancing out to hit something un-identifiable that is enveloped in flames)

Instant(or sorcery)

Deal any amount of damage to target creature

I just think that this would be a neat idea as a card, if reasonably priced. It could destroy an opponents infinitely powerful 1/1 token they made using a combo, but would not be able to kill indestructible stuff like darksteel gargoyle and his ilk.

It could be changed to target only non-red creatures if its too powerful, or some other limitations like that, or just priced high enough that the average red deck wouldn't be able to take too much advantage of it.

Y

YoungBeard

It's a neat idea. But if they go through all the trouble to set up a combo to make an "infinitely powerful" 1/1 token, it's only sporting that you do a combo to make an "infinitely large" fireball. :)

D

Doombringer

are you implying that ragged veins breaks the Card, or compliments its power by making a combo?

L

Limited

I think it breaks it, or at least demonstrate that 'any amount' is just too easily abused.. If you really want to be sure you kill the creature, why not just 'destroy' it?

(but maybe the high cc is enough to prevent real abuse.. i don't know)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
High cc doesn't matter too much when you have Dream Halls or another card that lets you avoid paying the full cc...

L

Limited

True.. but a high cc does mean you have to include a third card to the combo.. (and Dream Halls is just silly broken anyway)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I know, but if the whole point is finding a way to "break the card" or see whether it's abusable, it's an option.

S

Swiftcutter

Why not just make it a whole lot of damage instead of "infinite" damage? Like 3R, instant, deals 10 damage to target creature. It still has that "cool" factor to it, but it's not an easy win with Ragged Veins and similar cards.

D

Doombringer

I mostly just really liked the Idea of dealing an infinite amount of damage with one card. Why not change its mana cost to be RRRRRRR, so that it needs to be played in a mono red deck, or require more peices for a combo?

F

Force of Will Smith

I think its pretty hilarious...
and ragged veins is amazing anyways... i wouldnt let a single card stop ya..

i think the text is fun and goofy... the name sounds too much like a real card..

i say you should look in a thesaurus for a single word like anger... and string them all together...

heres a good one.. most of them try to make you pay... pfft...
maybe even something like anger of wrath.. or something redundant would be funny

maybe the any amount of damage could be achieved in a sillier way :)

displeasure
anger
angriness,
fury,
irateness,
ire, outrage,
rage,
wrath,
wrathfulness
aggravation, malevolence, malice,
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/thesaurus?book=Thesaurus&va=entrance&x=0&y=0