white weenie deck

N

nwadams

hi

here is my deck and i welcome any critism or advice on how to make it better, and i am talking type 2 here

lands: 20 plains

Creatures: 24
4 suntail hawk
4 lantern kami
4 leonin skyhunter
4 hand of honor
4 samurai of the pale curtain
4 kitsune blademaster

Spells and other: 16

4 glorious anthem
4 otherworldy journy
4 devourning light
4 suppression field

Sideboard: 15

not sure about sideboard yet, haven't realy thought about it

thanks

D

Doombringer

I've personally gone up against this deck and its pretty good; the suppression fields are especially annoying when I have things like selesnyan guildmages or ursapines I'd rather be using. He had Charge Across The Araba's in it before, and they were good finishing touches and touche's. I think he should put them back in, do you?

N

nwadams

thanks and i'm also making one change, one less land and one more kami of ancient law

(edited first post)

and i'm thinking about the charge across the araba's again but we shall see later and i also thought about jitte's but they clash with suppression field

D

depolarization

Solid!

I can't think of anything to add or take away. I like faith's fetters, but otherworldy journey is a great card because it's rather versatile at saving your own creatures and making them bigger or clearing the field FTW and it's so much cheaper and versatile. I just like how faith's fetters can stop Jitte, Kagemaro First to Suffer, as well as the Kamigawa land and just about most other T2 threats other than plague boiler (darn thing still goes off).

How has this deck paired? It looks good to me and the suppression field can be devastating. Though the charge is nice, you've kept the cc so low I can't see you using it for the win unless somehow this deck gets stuck in a late game with top-decking.

Though I like splashing red, I'd probably play with this build if I could get my hands on the Glorious Anthems.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I believe his name is Hokiri, Dust Drinker. Something to that effect. The winter orb on a stick guy. Yeah hes a beast in white weenie. Shining Shoals are always good. and I think would be more useful then otherwordly journey. But then again i've just added 8 rares to your deck. So if you just want a nice budget deck I think this is a great build.

N

nwadams

thanks alot guys and i was thinking of splashing colours but i've decided i'm taking out my kami of ancient law's and adding in 4 kitsune blademaster

and today i found a card i overlooked: plow through reito: same as charge across the araba but targets one creature only and it costs 2 mana

(updated first post for deck changes)

L

Limited

Azrael is right; Hokori, Dust Drinker really makes WW stand up.. Especially with Otherworldly Journey (you could send him out for a walk during your opponents end of turn step, untap all your lands, and then he comes back in time to annoy your opponent)

And if you're not playing Jittes, you still have to consider Manriki-Gusari..

Isamaru, Hound Of Konda? Perhaps too expensive?

L

Limited

That is why you wait for the end of turn step.

All end of turn triggers go on the stack and then the active player (your opponent) gets priority. When he does nothing, you get priority.
You play a Otherworldly Journey on Hokori. It is removed from the game, and won't return until the 'at end of turn' part of OJ triggers, which is during the next end of turn phase.. which happens to be yours. So, you take your turn, untap all your lands, attack, play spells, and go to your end of turn phase. Otherworldly Journey's delayed trigger is put onto the stack, resolves and Hokori is back in play.

And he's gotten bigger in the proces!

N

nwadams

you know at first glance most people like i did would think ur crazy and if u used it they would to wtf but if u think about it for a few mins it's a brilliant idea as long as u aren't using ur journies for combat tricks

D

Doombringer

Just imagine, using this strategy but including an isochron scepter. You guys think this could make a promising combo deck? Just keep stalling the opponent until hokori is about a 20/20 and then if they aren't already dead from other means, attack em with Old Dusty!

N

nwadams

ya but i like my turn 4 mirror gallery and turn 5 akroma/swing for 6 and turn six clone on akroma or another akroma and swing for 12 :D

L

Limited

The problem with an Otherworldly Journey on a Scepter is that it doesn't protect itself.. You could turn the deck into a UW control deck and add this cheeky combo, but I don't think it's really tournament material.

(BTW, Mirror Gallery? Really, Mirror Gallery? Is it not just giving your opponents a way to destroy two of your legens with one Naturalize?)

N

nwadams

i know but in my mass multiplayer games i have ww does not do well so i try funny things that work quite well...lol

but now i'm going to use bird/soldier with noble purpose

D

Doombringer

The reason he never does very well is because he puts multiple suppression fields into play at once, pissing everyone off, and provoking them to focus their attacks on him :D

N

nwadams

except how nobody attacks me, oops that's what's gonna happen tomorrow

F

Force of Will Smith

if you're going monowhite and you have at least 2-3 fliers on the field araba's are always amazing.. usually swinging for 70+ damage

If you find that you're using your journey to save yourself then focus more on cards that give your creatures pro color.. as it'll serve as a free hit to your opponent and save your creatures from removal...

also stay away from plow through reito.. its awful.. in almost ANY circumstance..
defensively it does the exact same as journey and offensively.. its well.. just use araba instead.. if you're going to put your land count back 7 turns.. you definately want to make an impact.

i think your deck needs more removal.. I think otherworldly is o.k. but devouring is far more useful to remove a creature entirely. and since your deck is 99% creatures, you might consider throwing some generically good enchantments or artifacts to mess up your opponent's strategy..
hokori or winter orb is good, as is, cage of hands and ghostly prison

i think 4 suppression fields is a bit much. I do think you need some cards that could singlehandedly help you win.. wraths are always nice, blessed reversal,etc..

N

nwadams

field single handedly screws jitte over, that is enough reason to run 4

F

Force of Will Smith

or you could use pithing and stop tops, jittes and a million other things while still allowing you to use activated abilities..

or you could run artifact destruction.. you are running ww.. you could just run jittes or manriki's yourself..

besides.. in multiplayer a man-riki can level the playing field and the only people who will want to murder you for it, are those playing with jittes..instead of those using activated abilities..