Chat room

D

Duel

Hey, we shuold make a CPA chat room. Any ideas on this, guys?

D

DÛke

No, not really. People wouldn't post fun stuff anymore, and that would suck, and besides, not many people meet at the same time, so they might miss a good fight or something :)

D

Duel

Nonetheless, it'd save space. And we could organize meetings.

D

DÛke

Yeeah, I know...
Organizing meetings isn't really very functional...
As you notice, Magical Jackal started a game, I don't know what he called it, Survivor or something, it didn't work out because you can't have the same players each day on these boards, at ane exact time...

We could try a chatroom, but have a feeling that it won't work out...

T

TheDevil565

TAG GUARD

Sounds good, as long as you can somehow get a chat room that uses the CPA memberlist so that we log in as ourselves, otherwise there may be some impersonation problems.

J

Jaws10387

TAG GUARD
A good idea but then i wouldn't have anywhere to post my

ShadyBusDriver

T

The Magic Jackal

Duke, what do you mean my game didn't work out? It hasn't even started yet!

BTW, If I remember correctly, didn't we used to have a chat room that no one ever used?

D

DÛke

It didn't work out because it was supposed to start this week, and it hasn't yet...

You guys could try the chatroom, but I have a feeling that it won't be alright...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I believe he said he'd post the first question after the Survivor show, which usually means 9 PM EST.

D

DÛke

I believe he didn't mention in his post where exactly he'll ask the question, and I don't watch that show, I've never heard of it, and I don't want to hear about it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
He says it right here:
The game will start tomorrow. The question will be put up some time tomorrow night (Maybe after suvivor). You might want to watch it, the question might just be from the show
First page of the Survivor thread, Aug 8, at 1:08.

C

Chaos Turtle

It may be more trouble than it's worth, but it's possible to make a Java applet that connects the users to an irc chat room. (#CPA, I'd guess)

An Admin could register everyone's username and password (or those who ask for it) to reduce impersonation problems.

Of course, those of us who use irc regularly could just log on the way we normally do.

G

Griffith_se

Just talked to the Orgg in the chat room, had no idea that any one was there.

How much trouble would it be to put a pager here like the Dojo has, or a way to see who is in the chat room?

D

dw51688

how about we only open chatrooms when there has to be some super important meeting or something of that sort like the founders can post a meeting and the day and the topic and if you want to participate in the meeting, then you can PM one of the founders and they can give you a password required to get in, then people can use chatrooms on occasion and still use the message board?