Harry Potter 6

O

orgg

Wow. Just Wow.

I finished reading this in an 8-hour Marathon read. Quite amazing, it was. No inconsistancy, and Harry back to his old self instead of the hormonal teen of the last book.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What's wrong with being a hormonal teen? :)

I still have to read the 5th book... we're going to get the 6th today since my wife is all caught up.

T

train

We were going to get the 6th - but they were out of paperbacks... sadly...

T

train

I didn't know that about the paperbacks... the clerk at United supermarkets said they were out of paperbacks... so it turns out we were speaking to someone who just thought they knew what they were talking about... goody goody...

blind leading the blind here...

I don't know if we'll shell it out for the hardback or not...:(

J

jorael

Doesn't it take a few months before paperbacks are released? That's the way it is in the Netherlands, at least.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm not sure of the timeframe, but hardback are definitely first before paperbacks. So the point is: no paperbacks right now :)

N

Nightstalkers

I tried going into Barnes & Noble to get a manga a friend suggested and I tried getting through the crowd... that day.... those people... Those evil little munchkins!

I reached through the crowd, pushed the people apart while muttering "excuse me" and finally I get through. Then I get the book, and when I'm at the checkout I wait long enough to settle out of my stupor and I ask "you'd think they were giving out money or something with these lines" and the three kids in front of me turned around and hissed at me.

It's days like that I wished I would have kept drinking...

O

orgg

Considering that you're underage, Nightstalker, it's a good thing you stopped drinking.

The book's amazing, and if you find a place that has a good discount (I've seen it going for $9.99 at Wal-Destroyer-Of-Smaller-Buisinesses.

That is, unless you watched VH1's Best Week Ever. Those mother ****ers SPOILED THE END OF THE BOOK, THE BASTARDS!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we got it at Target for $17, not bad for a hardcover.

Tried to avoid any news about it for potential spoilers though.

T

train

For the price - we might check Wal-mart... hopefully they are still so cheap...

T

train

it is usually crowded - but my cost/benefit analysis tells me I have more opportunity costs if I save money...;)

E

EricBess

I got a copy at Wal-Mart because it was more convenient. A friend got his copy at Barnes and Noble. Both copies costs about the same (around $15), but only because my friend had a discount card. Otherwise, B&N was a couple bucks more.

The name of the book is a bit of a misnomer about what the book is about. It doesn't really stand on it's own at all. With the other books, if you haven't read the series, there is stuff you don't get, but everything makes sense. This one does a lot more to advance the overall storyline, but don't read it unless you've read the other 5 or you just won't get what it's all about. But it's a great read if you have read the others.

N

Nightstalkers

orgg said:
Considering that you're underage, Nightstalker, it's a good thing you stopped drinking.
Depends upon which country you live in.

Oooh, and [Spoiler Deleted]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Nightstalkers said:
Then I get the book, and when I'm at the checkout I wait long enough to settle out of my stupor and I ask "you'd think they were giving out money or something with these lines" and the three kids in front of me turned around and hissed at me.
That's why I invented javelins.

O

orgg

I'm fairly angry about that as well, Renos. Don't expect him not to be disciplined for it.

P

Prince RXI

... We must KILL Nightstalkers! They ruined the ending for everyone else! ...Well... I finished it myself last night. Amazing... I read alot of books... but this one... is the best I have ever read.... ever

Prince RXI, back from the dead and loving it.