9th Edition

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From yesterday's Card of the Day, apparently CoP: Red and Black are in also. But not the other three.

N

Nightstalkers

That's almost sadistic... only red and black.... either they're going to be the best or the worst in the coming sets.

R

Renos LeMortem

It's funny: I never thought they were ever going to re-release Kird Ape, so I went out a little while back and bought four of the originals at some gaming convention. I'd have saved my money if I'd known this was coming :D

But Hypnotic Specter, AND Sengir Vampire too, huh? Wow...I'll definitely be buying 9th edition packs, if only for a chance to get those two cards!

J

jorael

If you ask me, it's more economical to buy them as singles (although I have no idea for how much the Hippies go these days, I collected mine ages ago).

You need a lot of packs to get a playset of each. If you appreciate the other cards in 9th, then it's worth it of course.

I

Istanbul

This just in for Ravnica!

Wooded Peaks
Land - Mountain Forest
T: Add R to your mana pool.

U SAW IT ON TEH INTARNET IT MUST B TRUE

R

Renos LeMortem

orgg said:
Kird Apes were $1. Now they'll be rare, and cost about $4.
That's more than I bought them for :rolleyes:

Lowzy...independent card-sellers with your...high prices...

O

orgg

Istanbul said:
Wooded Peaks
Land - Mountain Forest
T: Add R to your mana pool.
Actually, since it's a Mountain Forest, it would be able to tap for R or G. The 'T: Add R' ability would be redundant.

Also, if you payed less than a dollar for Kird Apes, Renos, you did get a bargain. A 'rare,' even if once decent and cheap, goes for about four or five dollars nowdays. Only crap goes for a dollar or less.

N

Nightstalkers

So lemme get this straight... 9th edition will be called 2nd Core set or what?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting thing about Ninth... apparently the Enchant <x> type has gone extinct, it's now Enchantment - Aura...

O

orgg

Yea... I'm amazed they didn't do the special article on that HUGE change.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm betting they're seeing if anyone notices AND makes a huge fuss about it... or it might be Aaron Forsythe's article on Friday.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I enjoy this rules change. I think he did a good job of explaining how it cleans up the type line on ever type of card now. Plus I think the idea of local enchantments being auras has nice flavor to it.

O

orgg

I think Mark Gottlieb could've told everyone the game is going completly digital, and he'd make it sound not-so-bad.

I'm going to miss seeing him regularly... :(