Card: Memory Bank , Card (DIS/AD)vantage

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

I kind of like the idea for this card... you get ONLY what you draw for the turn.. you can only ever play one spell.. but you can draw any number of cards to get what you need... i think its balanced and possibly overpriced in the casting cost..

whattaya think?

Attachments

E

evan d

This might be breakable with spell book.

Absolutely awesome to play either a Spellbook or Library of Leng, this, and than an epic. Channel away!

F

Force of Will Smith

whats a way i could make it so you cannot have a hand, whatsoever....?

how bout this restriction as well?

Attachments

E

evan d

Maybe, "at the end of each phase, discard cards until you have only one in your hand"

Why make it completely unbendable?

F

Force of Will Smith

mainly because i want to keep the 2:draw a card. with no side effects.. and with all the cards in saviors that increase hand sizes or the spellbook, you can horribly abuse it..

S

Swiftcutter

I think it would be just fine with "2: Draw a card." and "At the end of your turn, discard your hand." No need to limit it to one spell per turn. Even then, it could probably still cost 2UU without breaking anything. Compare to Grafted Skullcap.

E

evan d

Small thought, could you flip the card art horizontilly, just because of meishin.

G

Gizmo

I dont really see the point in drawing loads of cards you cant play. If you're looking for a card cycling effect (I draw 6 cards to find the one I want to play) then surely Browse is the sort of mechanic you want?

The other way to play it is to drop it, draw, then remove it, but for the mana you have to sink into it theres plenty of more convenient ways of drawing cards.

F

Force of Will Smith

well it's mainly to be able to draw that one card you need.. but i consider it a good thing if a card of mine is dismissed at first as a "sleeper".. which even if ppl dont like it, means that its not broken.. :D