Two red cards

S

Swiftcutter

Battle Blaze (2R)
Enchantment
Whenever a creature attacks, its controller adds R to his or her mana pool.

Relentless Heat (R)
Enchantment
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, Relentless Heat deals 1 damage to that player unless he or she sacrifices a permanent.

E

evan d

The first card would be more fun if it was 1R, just becuase of Kumano.

The second reminds me of smokestack and black, but red does have some every one sacs things cards.

F

Force of Will Smith

First of all, welcome.. 2nd.. i gotta show some love for Indiana...

i think battle blaze would hurt non-red decks and make goblin decks ridiculous.. so i dunno about that..

but relentless heat is sweet, although i'd opt for a casting cost of around 3.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I kinda agree with evan_d that Relentless Heat seems more like a "black" ability and would keep it at B, but it's okay for red but upping the cc as a bit "out of flavor" as FoWS said :)

F

Force of Will Smith

i dunno, i think relentless heat fits.. it's kind of like a variation on the "if you do this/don't do this, you'll take damage"
manaburn=punishment for tapping lands
antagonism=punishment for not dealing damage
spellshock=punishment for casting spells
impatience=punishment for not casting spells..

i think the black flavor comes from the sacrificing permanents... as black usually makes you sacrifice creatures. When i think of black enchantments, i think of dark suspicions? (cards in your hand over your opponent), grave pact, crippling creatures, things like that..

and from looking at battle blaze.. i think to make it fair it would have to cost 3RR, cause by that time most likely if youre playing goblins, you've already beaten them down..

with rulings permitting you could play..
turn 1: mountain, lackey,
Turn 2: mountain, attack with lackey, play siege gang for free, tap mountain for RRRRR, play battle blaze

whereas before you could use the skirk firemarshall and end it, (draw the game) or gain life from a white spellbomb/fountain of youth/etc.. you could also use a chrome, diamond/petal etc

turn 1: mountain, lackey,
Turn 2: forest, attack with lackey, play siege gang for free, tap mountain for RRRRR, play firemarshall, tap 5 goblins, vitalize, tap 5, 20 damage to all players..
i've done it twice.... the way i see it... i killed the most players, :D so i win..

S

Swiftcutter

Thanks for the replies.

Keep in mind, the mana generated by Battle Blaze disappears at the end of your combat phase, so usually it's only useful for playing instants and activated abilities. I guess it does need to cost more, however. Maybe like 2RR?

Relentless Heat is supposed to be a combination of Red's "punisher" mechanic and also the "sacrifice a permanent" mechanic which seems to be sneaking into red with cards like Akki Underminer.

Here's another red card...

Force Feedback (3R)
Instant
Force Feedback deals damage equal to target spell's converted mana cost to that spell's controller.

F

Force of Will Smith

force feedback is nice... appropriate cost as well...
ok, i didn't really think about that you'd lose the mana at the end of your combat phase..

im trying to think of the most broken thing you could do....

hmm.. im thinking a bunch of buyback/spliced spells every time you attack...
could be really really sick... especially since you tap out to play goblins and such.. and now you get rewarded with mana for tapping out...

ehm.. but i dont think you want to add a qualifier to make it like those silly, "if you control no untapped lands" cards.. maybe you add R for each untapped land you control... that way you can't just play firecat blitz... getting 5 creatures.. then 5 mana... then casting savage beating, then casting jokulhaups or something...

S

Swiftcutter

Hmm. What if I put the effect on legs so it's more vulnerable?

??? (1RR)
Creature - Barbarian Shaman
2/2
Whenever this attacks, add R to your mana pool for each attacking creature you control.

Although it's not symmetrical any more. I kinda liked that aspect of it.

E

evan d

This and the spoilers? Sok card, The red essence, where all your creatures get + 2/2 and firebreathing yup it would be nice.

Was I right in whiting this? I didnt want to po anybody.

F

Force of Will Smith

yeah thats perfectly balanced... you can bounce it, damage it, kill it, steal it, remove it from the game... or force you to block their creature..