Multiplayer Online Magic

Z

Zadok001

It's also gonna be sued all to hell by WotC (and possibly Dragon Studios) soon... Not that you shouldn't grab it, it's not a half-bad program.

Z

Zadok001

This seems like a wonderful way to test out CoW multiplayer, Btw... :)

J

Jaws10387

TAG GUARD
the person who created it said that he wasn't including cards until he had permission from WotC. But the guy will probably get sued anyway.

Z

Zadok001

Yeah, probably. For example, I believe he has expansion symbols, which have copywrite text that looks like a novel. And Dragonstudios won't like the resemblence to Apprentice. (Intelectual property, I believe?) Remember all the flak Apprentice caught? Well, this will get the same stuff, minus the use of card violation. But maybe he'll be allowed to keep going, like Apprentice. I hope so, I always wanted multiplayer online Magic!

J

Jaws10387

TAG GUARD
When all of the CPA's sets are complete it will be great for testing them!

H

Hetemti

He should contact the guy doing Apprentice and see if he can help him (yea for pronouns) add multiplayer support to Apprentice, perhaps in time for 2.0.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Multiplayer is one of the featured things that was going to be added to Appr 2, along with stuff like spectators and a bunch new stuff.

But who knows when that's coming out.

T

The Undertaker

Has anyone used this new device to play multiplayer? I have not used Apprentice because I have the Magic: IE. I just want to be able to play with my 2 friends. So if anyone has successfully used this tool let me know how it was. I assume you can just take the database of cards from Apprentice to Import into this Enchanter thing?

T

The Magic Jackal

Would there be anyway to take you apprentice card database, copy in, and insert it into enchanter's data base? I've tried this a couple of times and it doesn't seem to work. Let me know if anyone gets this to work.

T

The Undertaker

Actually, I guess it would be better to transfer the M: IE database into it because the Apprentice one does not have pics right? I have never used Apprentice. I will see if it is possible but if anyone has found a way to do it please let me know.

A

Almindhra

I emailed the creator of it and asked him we could put in the appr .dat files...He said no, they're not compatable...But there are sets on the site you can put in...So start putting in all the new cards kiddies!

H

Hetemti

So what if WotC tries to shut them down. People have downloaded the software. If the site goes down, people will give it to others through other channels. Even as a beta, until Apprentice supports multiplayer, Enchanter will be popular and will see use. People will scan their own cards, will make their own data files, and they will share them on the net. WotC can't stop them all.

Look how long we've gone without an update to Apprentice. Enchanter looks good enough to see some use even if no new releases were made.

________
The future lies with the proles.

T

The Undertaker

Well, I was trying to open the database of cards in the Magic: IE. There is a password on it. No one happens to know what it is do they? Might be able to import that database into Enchanter and take the images from the encyclopedia as well?

G

Griffith_se

Undertaker,

Just wondering, did You get it to work for Ya?
You know whats really cool about getting in to that database? You can print proxy cards.
The number in the database is the .jpg file of the art work on the CD.

[Edited by Griffith_se on August 15th, 2000 at 07:01 AM]

T

The Undertaker

Enchanter and M:IE are two different database files. It is going to take some messing around with to get it to work and I did not want to bother until the newer version of Enchanter came out. Sounds like the guy made some progress so hopefully he will have a newer version out this week. If I can figure it out I will post it somewhere on here.