4 Propaganda
2 Pulse of the Fields (MVP)
3 Recoil
3 Rout
4 Spite Malice
2 Talisman of Dominance
2 Talisman of Progress
2 Vex

In an environment that doesn’t have many or any counter magic decks being played this thing is SOME BAD for my opponents. Let’s do the math:

Total counter magic spells: 12
These came in the way of Spite // Malice, a split card that Spite says “Counter target non-creature spell”, Dromar’s Charm that has three “Choose One” modes and one of them is “Counter target spell”, 2 Power Sinks just because someone said how they’re not that good anymore and 2 Vex, a common card from Darksteel that says, “Counter target spell. That spell’s controller may draw a card.” Well, in an environment where decks are mile-high I don’t mind my opponent’s drawing a card because chances are they won’t draw what they need.

Creature spot removal: 14
When I say “Spot removal” I mean that I have a spell that targets a creature to destroy, remove or bounce it away. Disenchant counts because there are a lot of artifact creatures played in our group, Another one of Dromar’s Charm “Choose One” modes are “Target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn.” , Recoil is a gold instant for 1UB that says, “Return target permanent to owner’s hand. Then that player discards a card from his or her hand.” A real champ if they have no cards in hand. Spite // Malice is a split card and Malice is the black part that says “Target non-black creature. It can’t be regenerated.”

Creature control: 13
I should immediately point out that I consider Propaganda a creature control card because it can slow down an attack if the attacking player doesn’t have a lot of mana and in our environment that happens a lot. Innocent Blood is cool because it says, “Each player sacrifices a creature” and Barter for Blood is it’s older brother that says, “Each player sacrifices two creatures”. Rout is an amazing mass creature removal spell here’s what it says, “You may play Rout anytime you could play an instant if you pay {2} more to play it. Destroy all creatures. They can’t be regenerated.” This is a $3 card at best and for those of you wish you had Wrath of God’s ($11) in your collection, this ‘lil gem is just as good if not, better.

Other spell’s (utilitiy): 5
Disenchant, which I had mentioned earlier, Feldon’s Cane to bring back the “LOVE” from my graveyard back into my library. Mirari a Legendary Artifact for {5} that says, “Whenever you play an instant or sorcery spell, you may pay {3}. If you do, put a copy of that spell on the stack. You may choose new targets for that copy.” So with a lot of sorceries and instants in my deck this card could be very useful.

Life gaining spells: 6
The last of the Dromar’s Charm “Choose One” modes are “You gain 5 life”. But the “Most Valuable Player” award goes to Pulse of the Fields. It was this card that allowed me to stay alive through Sam’s destruction. As long as HE went up in life, which he did many times, I could use Pulse to catch up.

Mana fixers: 4
Two Talisman of Dominance an artifact that produces Black or Blue for one life and two Talisman of Progress which produces White or Blue for one life.

Kill Cards: 2
Decree of Justice is a white sorcery:

Decree of Justice
{X}{X}{2}{W}{W}
Sorcery
Put {X} 4/4 white Angel creature tokens with flying into play.
Cycling {2}{W}
When you cycle Decree of Justice, you may pay {X}. If you do, put X 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens into play.

Although I never saw this card during the game it was, in fact, my only way of eliminating my opponents. I rarely ever play the Angels because if I have to wait for my next turn to attack they be gone by then. So it’s Soldiers to the attack! I “Cycle” at the end of my opponent to my right’s turn and produce MONDO soldiers.

The land count is only 20 but with mana fixers and a somewhat guaranteed slow environment I figured 20 was okay. The Salt Flats have to go <period!>

F

f-6

*Gets into stating the obvious mode*
Vindicate should be in the deck.
Eternal dragon is great in this deck. Mana fixing and very hard to remove permanently.
With the dragon, one of each dual (Scabland and Tundra) should be included. Hey, you have the Scabland!

Now, having suggested rares none cheaper than $5...

Even with Barters, Routs and so on it feels like you will have a tough time against creatures. But I might be wrong... Still, Forbidding watchtowers are nice for defense if you can live with the CIP tapped.

Vex... Is that a diplomatic choice? Or is it because your deck is light on U?

Killer Joe

I paste and copied this from my front page article I wrote on March 15 and since then I have insert 3 Vindicates. Good call :)

I have four copies of the E-Dragon but I thought Decree of Justice would be better due to the fact that I might have to spend a lot of resources trying to protect the dragon and none for the Decree Soldier Tokens. I am thinking about adding Death Grasp as a finisher.

Also, this deck is for large multiplayer games (6 plus) so yes, I do have trouble with creatures and the group I play with never play control decks.

I like having all three colors available with none being the forefront so counter magic spells must meet a certain criteria: They have to have only one blue in their cost and have to be a hard counter (so the Power Sinks went, too). Vex, at the time, seemed like a good idea. I have since replced the 2 P-Sinks and 2 Vex's with four Memory Lapse.

My basic stratagy is to let the other players have-at-it against each other until I can find a weak link or be the last 3 or so remaining. Then I do my soldier thing or now I can do a Death Grasp. If anyone gets the wise idea to attack me then I wreck 'em with either creature spot removal or I punish all players for allowing them to attack me.........evil, idn't it? :rolleyes: I'm jerky like that at the table :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Too lazy to determine what should be removed. Will post later. Some possible additions, depending on what design would be best for this...

Balance
Mind Twist
Demonic Tutor
Wrath of God
Abyssal Gatekeeper
Yawgmoth's Bargain
Capsize
Mystic Remora or Rhystic Study
Nevinyrral's Disk

Also, Rasputin Dreamweaver would be hilarious...

Killer Joe

Balance - I tested with Balance but I really need all of my land and hand but it would be good for cheap mass creature removal.

Mind Twist - Hmm, in a two-player deck maybe but not in this deck.

Demonic Tutor - Excellent choice but I traded both of mine away :rolleyes:

Wrath of God - I thought Rout would be better just becuase of it's 'instant' option.

Abyssal Gatekeeper - I don't know this card but doesn't it have something to do with having swamps?

Yawgmoth's Bargain - Maybe. very interesting choice though.

Capsize - I'm actually considering this card as it's a good choice for recurring spot removal.

Mystic Remora or Rhystic Study - These do what? If they're card drawers then I don't need as we play with a turn seven virtual Serum Vision's Effect.

Nevinyrral's Disk - Another maybe.

Thanks for looking and suggesting! :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I like Wrath of God better than Rout simply because you have to work your way up to seven mana in order to use Rout as an instant. I guess if your games are slow enough then Rout could be better.

Abyssal Gatekeeper is 1B for a 1/1 that makes everyone sac a creature when it dies. I've found it a nice blocker in controlling decks with few creatures (anyone who attacks you with a non-evading creature is going to earn the chagrin of all the other players who have to sacrifice a creature). And it's also fun in combination with Innocent Blood...

Killer Joe

Oversoul said:
Abyssal Gatekeeper is 1B for a 1/1 that makes everyone sac a creature when it dies. I've found it a nice blocker in controlling decks with few creatures (anyone who attacks you with a non-evading creature is going to earn the chagrin of all the other players who have to sacrifice a creature). And it's also fun in combination with Innocent Blood...
Nice. I didn't know you were EVIL! :p