Fake Card: Enkindled Gargoyle; Sleeping Red

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

Yeah actually from what ive asked a few people, this seemed very balanced. Along with the Eater of souls...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I noticed that it would take less space to put "remove five scorch counters from ~this~" than having it work the way it does now. It's not all that important, though...

F

Force of Will Smith

Very true.. i might even be able to shift it up to 9 point if it reads

Whenever you cast a spell that successfully deals direct damage to an opponent, put a scorch counter on Enkindled Gargoyle.

R,Remove 5 scorch counters from Enkindled Gargoyle: It becomes a 5/5 flying red gargoyle permanently.

my only concern is that the text would be divided among a couple lines, althought it would sound better and might even look better.. I'll try tweaking it.. and using the current spacing it would look exactly like

Whenever you cast a spell that
successfully deals direct damage
to an opponent, put a scorch
counter on Enkindled Gargoyle.

R,Remove 5 scorch counters from
Enkindled Gargoyle: It becomes a
5/5 flying red gargoyle permanently.

this fills 7 lines and needs a space in between the two.. lines can have 6 lines max..
(Like neurok familiar) I'll try the wording difference but the font is gonna have to stay the same size :(

N

NoShoes

I like it, but if you've already cast 5 burn spells on your opponent, it's only going to probably take about one hit from that thing to kill.

I'm not sure which is more interesting, but I might consider making it fewer counters and only until end of turn.

RRR
Enchantment
Whenever a spell you control deals damage to an opponent, put a scorch counter on Enkindled Gargoyle.
R, Remove two scorch counters from Enkindled Gargoyle: Enkindled Gargoyle becomes a 5/5 red gargoyle creature until end of turn.

F

Force of Will Smith

after 5 yea.. if its only until end of turn, then its not as good.. playtesting this card also showed me that restricting to burn spells makes this a little tough to cast.. even if it is 5.. i think i may reduce the number of scorch counters entirely.. probably to 4..