Anybody have tips for The Weekly Shuffle?

J

JKeard

You might have seen the first Weekly Shuffle already. In case you haven't, its purpose will be to surf the Magic internet world and bring you the top news out there.

If anybody has any tips, scoops, or recommended reading that I do to improve or expand the content of The Weekly Shuffle, please let me know.

Here is a list of the sites I'm scanning already. If you think I should add more sites to this scanning list, please post it.

www.MagicTheGathering.com
www.StarCityGames.com
www.BrainBurst.com
www.PlayorDraw.com
www.MTGNews.com
MTG Salvation (long addy)
www.Misetings.com
www.CasualPlayers.org (of course!)

Also, in an Ask the Editor by Ted Knutson at Star City, he mentioned a Japanese Magic writing community that we have little access to. If anybody can refer me to a url or contact email to one of these great sites, please inform me.

Thanks in advance!

Ferret

Staff member
A simple tip is to write what you know. Sure, scanning other sites is nice, but if you have the time, go out into the world and check out people are playing like in gaming stores - or, see if you can sit in on a couple casual groups. Another good resource is Magic Online. Just watch a few games and listen to what people say.

My exeriences from reading articles on many of those other sites is that they tend to lurk more towards what people are doing in tourneys. Sure, you might find some Casual Players there, but more often than not you find a lot of serious players that only care about working w/ the latest net.decks or trying to create the next one. Lots of winning, but not much fun going on.

Of course, that's just my opinion. Write what you feel comfortable with. The CPA does not judge. We're just here to have fun :)

-Ferret

"Well, maybe some people judge, but they're jerks :D"

J

JKeard

Ferret: Thanks for the advice. I actually don't have a playgroup right now. But I may just think about writing some casual articles occassionally. For now, I'll do the news briefs and be this site's news guy.

Oversoul: Thanks tons! I'll add them to my scan list and see if there's anything to add for the next, next edition.

Senori: Right-o! I'll make a note of that and announce it in the next edition.