How much I enjoy Sealed

• Thread starter FoundationOfRancor
  • Start date
F

FoundationOfRancor

I just discovered the sealed deck option on apprentice, boy, did I have a long night last night! I LOVE sealed. Anyway, whats your favorite format, and do you love sealed as much as I do?

G

Griffith_se

How do You play sealed on Apprentice? Do You actualy connect with someone, open packs, and wait till You have Your decks constructed. If so what kind of time limit did You set.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I dunno-we just opened the packs online and made our decks, we kept on messing up (deleting our boosters and having to start over :( ) so we didnt set one.

A

Almindhra

I don't like sealed at all...I think I always seem to choose the wrong cards, although I've been told I don't really...I don't do good at all...Well, I also do really bad at tournaments...

I also don't like booster drafting...Yellowjacket has said that you need to do it at least once a week...But a few weeks ago I tried it, and did terrible!...Out of 12 people I came out at 11, above the guy who always loses...So, I felt pretty pitiful...Next time, I'm just going to rare draft...

But I do enjoy constructed...If I have a deck, and I know everything about it...Every little "trick" with it, I feel really good about what I'm doing and will do well...I came at 3 out of, I don't know, 8 people locally...And one was a Pro Tour freakaziod, and his semi-pro tour friend...And those were the two I was under...So I felt I did really well, and could do it again...

F

Fire Slinger

I don't play Sealed or Booster Draft. When I do, I always come in last. I play constructed. I cannot just built a deck out of a pile of cards. I have to continuly tweak a deck over a course of months, and it also gives me a feel of the deck and how to play it right.

G

Gumby Khan

I love Sealed and Booster Draft. We are lucky here and have one of these at least weekly. I enjoy it because it is a great equalizer. Some of my buddies have such a great card collection that they never sweat making Constructed decks. They usually whoop up on me and my lame Rogue decks, but it doesn't bother me too much, cause when we play Limited, I get my revenge.:) It is real hard to take a random assortment of cards and try to combine them into a deck with some synergy to it. That challenge is why I love the format. The look on my opponent's face when I drop the Sneaky Homunculus is priceless. Next turn, Agent of Shaku and that smug smile disappears. Loverly, I tell you. Also, booster draft really pits your knowledge of the set against everyone else. Draft forces you to be flexible. Sometimes you have to play Rebels, cause that's the only creatures coming your way. Sometimes to mix it up a little, we play with Vanguard cards and draft around it. Kinda cool actually! Anyway, I give Limited a giant thumbs up and a snap in "Z" formation!

V

Volradon

i never really draft much cause i am a broke 14 year old teenager :( and the one time i did draft i got all these awesome cards and i built this 40 cards deck that should have one but my friend he just took all his cards and said this is my deck i was like ok. The next thing i know i am at 0 life he is at 15 and i was playing but too. I thnk its osme kind of a ginx that i can never win against my friend or i do so very rarely. My decks are usually pretty descent and he is playing a deck that looks llike its a highlander deck and beats me over and over and over again. About vanguard cards, does anyone actually play with them? I looked over them and they look so much fun for casual.

J

Jaws10387

TAG GUARD
Volradon tag you're out.
I love playing sealed but i've only played once. I got 4th of 8 people.