almost unbeatable combo

D

Doombringer

Platinum angel + Leonin abunas + Whispersilk cloak(equipping abunas)= unkillability unless the opponent somehow gets a wrath of god effect. another good effect of the abunas/Whispersilk, you can usually just attack with it for the win if you want. And this could fit into a tooth and nail deck quite easily

Another combo: Glimpse of Nature + Myojin of lifes web= one helluva lotta creatures usually. I would put this in a deck with lots of card drawing, so if the combo starts to putter down, i can play a few spells and renew it again. And this has great synergy with the blue myojin.

any mistakes here? Any plagiarism? Or did I actually come up with good combos for once?

S

Seeker of Truth

Well, Platinum Angel and Leonin Abunas are one of THE hot couples for Tooth and Nail decks, along with such other duos as Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and Sundering Titan (or his other main squeeze, Darksteel Colossus) and Mephidross Vampire and Triskelion. Most Tooth and Nail decks don't really try to protect Abunas simply for the reason you suggested: Wrath effects will kill it anyway, so the only thing it's worried about is targeted removal. However, that combo is usually only trotted out against decks like affinity, which try to win at all costs by attacking, so that it doesn't have any answers to that combo.

Also, Glimpse of Nature only triggers when you play a creature spell, so putting creatures into play with the Myojin's ability doesn't work. You could put together a pretty interesting combo with something like Mass Hysteria, Sachi and the snake shamans, and Glimpse of Nature.

S

Seeker of Truth

Does it matter? Doombringer was talking about specific combos, not combos for a certain format. My response was referring to the fact that Platinum Angel/Leonin Abunas is a combo that has been "discovered" already.

D

Doombringer

I saw the abunas/platinum combo far before this post, the combo here came into being when I was thinking about a way to set up the field so you absolutely could not lose, when I thought hey, what if you added a whispersilk in with the platinum/abunas?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Seeker of Truth
Does it matter?
Not unless you're talking about the combo from a standpoint of actually trying to pull it off. That becomes an issue depending on what the format is like...

R

Rooser

I like how this combo is unbeatable unless somebody gets a Wrath of God effect.:rolleyes:

Or a Diabolic Edict.

F

Force of Will Smith

hmm.. maybe Void, Rebuild, granulate. serenity.
Barter in blood, rupture, earthquake, retribution of the meek, nevinyrral's disk, powder keg, oblivion stone, crater helion, time bomb, thrashing wumpus, Washout.. but yeah other than that it works well..

j/k we're really just messin wif' ya.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Force of Will Smith
j/k we're really just messin wif' ya.
Speak for yourself. :p

Okay, so I am too...

Still, that does make it seem less than "unbeatable."

Relentless Pony after it has gone off though, that is unbeatable...

F

Force of Will Smith

most every combo is vulnerable.. however one may be LESS vulnerable then others.. if a combo can only be interrupted by say... 20 cards as opposed to 300.. that's good :D

D

Doombringer

which is the exact reason this post has been named "Almost unbeatable combo"

Which is still not true, so next time ill just call it "Hard to beat and very problematic to the opponent combo"

M

mythosx

you know whats an unbeatable combo in itself? Zur's weirding. Why is it that every body seems to think they can do something about it when I have a zur's weirding in play and a way to gain two life a turn?

T

train

because you can't win if I'm running multiple genesis... and I have life gain also...

Actually happened online...:cool:

The guy called it a hard lock... I smirked in my online manner...

T

train

It's not that hard locks can be "broken"...

they are "hard locks" for a reason... unfortunately they are not built to play against utility decks - they are more built for meta games and current themes found in varying formats...