How old are you guys?

M

manchot_13

heheh... Ed, have you heard the Wierd Al song about you?

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
(What is this, Weird Al week?)

Depends. Are you referring to "It's all about the Pentiums"? Then yes, I had it on MP3 on my other computer, but forgot to transfer it.

M

manchot_13

hits self on head

thats not from the ed sullivan show, its from the johnny carson show, duh... hence johnny...

D

Duster

I'll be 20 next month

myself, I don't even play magic that much, I'm more of a collector now, but I love the fact that I can be silly and off topic here if I want.

I dig the CPA because it's not so much about Magic as a group of cool people with a common interest.

K

krichaiushii

Though at times I wish I were a bit older -- for that would mean my term was up, and I have returned to the civilian world.

I am pleasantly surprised at the posted ages of a few of you. By comments made in other threads, I guessed that some of you were a bit younger, and this is a confirmation.
That being said, you have restored my faith in today's youth.

Thanks.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not the oldest anymore!!!

[me]pops open a big bottle of champaign[/me]

Thanks rkoelsch. Maybe you and Yellowjacket and me can start a Magic team together. We'll call ourselves the "Magic Dinosaurs", or something to that effect...;)

I'm 39, BTW.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I could have sworn I replied to a post like this yesterday morning... ;)

I guess I'm closest to Mundungu at 28.

Istanbul: Dead? :)

So, uncle2frodo, what's the average age so far?

R

rkoelsch

But sometimes my mind is not as young as I would like it to be. I am glad there are some elder statesman on this board. A team sounds fine- Stone Age magic. When I was a kid I had to walk 5 miles through a blinding snowstorm to play Magic. Kids today have it to easy.

U

uncle2frodo

ok, i didn't really think that anyone would reply to this post, but thanks. anyways, i figured most of you were in the teen years.

D

Duel

Ahhh! Ed, the god of the CPA, is my age! I feel all warm and squrmy inside...

I'll so never get used to not thinking you're 23, ed.

G

Gizmo

Back to the original post, though.
If you find people are going too fast, naming cards you`ve never even seen before let alone memorised, then it might be a good idea to get hold of a complete encyclopedia listing of cards from somewhere. I don`t know which magazines carry them, Inquest maybe, but once you`ve got one copy you`ll never need another. You can also find them online, although I couldn`t tell you from the top of my head where...

M

Mikeymike

The newest Inquest mags have explanations of every card ever printed, although they don't always have the complete errata (fixed card text).

http://www.yavapaiopen.com/ is a great place to go also, very easy to use card database.

T

TheDevil565

14 year old here. And uncle2frodo, I have Apprentice with a database you can look up with every card in Magic in it, it helps a lot when you don't understand what a certain card does, that way you can pretend to be a semi-advanced Magic player instead of a newbie like me. The only downside is that you don't get to see pretty pictures on the cards.

U

urzas_mistress

i've noticed most boys on the internet that are sensitive about or refuse to give their age are 13-15. girls don't mind telling their age. the boys seem to think if they are that young then people will pick on them or find whatever they say immature.

A

Almindhra

Teachers have no respect for students...(Sorry Yellowjacket)...I'm so glad I'm out of high school because those lousy teachers think they're God's gift...When they're not...But, anyway, I'm going on a rant and getting feisty...

But I really hate when people think less of you because of your age