Casual infinity

B

boozehound

O.K. So my four earthcrafts and four squirrel nests have finally arrived so have decided to add four blasting stations for the infinite "one at a time" damage type thing. Am thinking about altars for infinite mana combo too but am not sure. What i would really appreciate is ideas for the rest of the deck now that i have the core, don't know where to start really 'cos the amount of brain ache i have been suffering.
I need it to be quite fast so am thinking mana elves or something to speed it up. It don't have to be any sort of tournament legal either 'cos it will be a casual deck only.

B

boozehound

A decklist, mmmm. Ok, first incarnation is as follows;
4 x copper myr
4 x sol ring
4 x llanowar elves
4 x earthcraft
4 x squirrel nest
4 x beacon of creation
4 x blasting station
4 x epic struggle
4 x planar portal
4 x biorhythm
20 x forest

Don't know if the deck will stay this way, probably not as this is its first throw together, but it seems to lack direction. Am i trying to win with the cheesy epic struggle or flood my opponents with infinite creatures or do infinite damage? Should it have all these elements or follow a certain direction? Sometimes deck building messes with your brain so much as to what to put in there, that you end up with something you didn't necessarily set out to build!:confused:

B

boozehound

So what direction do you think it should go? If it is damage then i could lose the beacons for more damage dealing, or put in vedalken orrerys to drop the epic struggle at anytime (yes, i know it's cheap!) or..........or..............argh, brain overload again!!!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It could go in any of those directions...

Just not all of them...

I guess that the Nest/Earthcraft one would be the most simple and possibly the most brutal...

T

train

I think you need some city of solitudes in there - that way you can drop and go off without disruption...

B

boozehound

Lol, You mean an anti - blue card then don't you train, why i am not surprised!!!!!!!! However, i do see where you are coming from, trouble is i got none so i might have to go ebaying again.

T

train

Well - with the fast mana, you might as well try dropping the city first/second turn and pull out the force if they have it... then they lose another pretty blue card...

Otherwise it hits, and then you don't have anything to worry about...:D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
They could Boomerang the City...

But yeah, City of Solitude is an awesome combo-helper for fending off countermagic. I think I still have some too. Worked really nicely for ProsBloom...

T

train

I was a little perturbed at the blue players who abused it... but I liked the ones that ran cad-bloom for the drains...