Most Hated Creature Type

Which creature type do you HATE the most?

• Angels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beasts

• Clerics

• Demons

• Elves

• Goblins

• Merfolk

• Soldiers

• Wizards

• Zombies

• Total voters
R

Reverend Love

Why do you dislike this creature type?

I for one hate elves. Like I said I despise Elves!

Elves are latently homosexual. The entire idea of frolicking little eccentric men who ponder on why the clouds "dance in the sky" sickens me. Their overused, over hyped, and certainly over-valued. Their dominance in Fantasy settings is one the main reasons I've converted to Sci-Fi. Where towering Robotic steel constructs rule! Ya-know...manly stuff!

Elves Vs. Robots.. Robots hands down gentlemen...clearly hands down.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Boy, you must have had a traumatic experience with Elves!

I certainly have never gotten that impression about Elves. I would hypothesize that a reason that you have that impression of them is their now sterotypical view, set by Tolkein, that they are long-living, if not eternal, and through their long life span have learned to value life and nature. That's pretty much the standard in nearly every fantasy setting, and their downside is that they have a low birthrate so they balance out, because who wants to read about a setting where humans are almost non-existent and not the dominant race?

Anyhoo, I like all of the choices up there. There's probably a creature type I don't like, but it's also probably one that only has a few cards to it and not well developed.

N

Notepad

I think Elves are totally friggen annoying!

However, I woulda voted Slivers...because I can never build a prismatic deck with 'em, and everyone else seems to make 5c Slivers work and stomp me. Doh!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It's not listed in the poll, but I'd definitely go with the new "human" creature type. It is a moronic idea and I hope whoever first implemented it got fired...

I

Izaryo

would vote for illusions if they were there, so voted for wizards, another type i despise

I HATE, REPEAT, HATE , mistform creatures

I

Istanbul

I know it's not really a single creature type, but I HATE Shadow creatures.

T

train

Wizards...

though I'd a picked Merfolk if multiple types were allowed...

and Island if it was included...;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Island
Creature -- Island
(I was going to put that it tapped, but I remembered that Portal won out in the end for lands, which is essentially stupid. Oh well, I expect to see the little sword and shield symbols on creatures in 10th edition at latest.)

Grr, I'm no longer a land. --Island

Edit: for some reason, I now have the urge to decorate one of my Island cards by adding "Fish Jasconius" to the name...

N

Notepad

And I have thr urge to just erase the Fish Jasconious from the name and put it into play for free. :D The casting cost is a typo, as lands don't have them.

Then I could pound on turn two with a free 6/8 critter. :D :D :D

T

train

turn 2, 6/8... that's rough...

But I'd rather see island as a creature - that way, when played - it goes to the gy as a state-based effect...

:D

T

train

I did something like that way back - but it was wrath of god - not plague...

good idea spidey...

A

Arc

Da "fake" beasts, it pisses me when they have no idea what type creature is, so they just put beast. Come on, how can
Glowing Anemone be a beast, or Wormfang Turtle I say again (or write again) come on guys how can small ugly turtle be beast?

T

train

Good point Arc - you might have A GOOD REASON TO WRITE INTO "aSK wIZARDS....:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Arc
Come on, how can Glowing Anemone be a beast, or Wormfang Turtle I say again (or write again) come on guys how can small ugly turtle be beast?
I think WOTC actually already answered this - they want to cut down on the number of creature types and so aside from the ones they deemed should be carried "forward", everything else is a "beast". So if Turtle is one they don't want to continue supporting, they make it a beast.

I agree it doesn't make much sense since that type is already out there anyway, but I think that's what they said.

T

train

yeah - that's their philosophy...

what they need to do is cut down the liist of reserved cards, and begin mass re-prints...:D