Beautiful Type I Stasis Deck

I

I8Piggo

Here's a funky Type I Stasis deck my friend and I jointly designed. He has grown to love it very much, and now plays it at tournaments.

Engine:
4 Howling Mine
4 Stasis
4 Ivory Tower
2 Library of Leng
Support:
4 Gush
4 Rescue
4 Copy Artifact
Denial:
4 Force of Will
4 Thwart
Victory Conditions:
2 Iron Maiden
1 Black Vise [R]
1 Feldon's Cane
1 Braingeyser [R]
Mana:
1 Tolarian Academy [R]
20 Island

This is more of a Howling Mine Deck than a Stasis Deck. Although Stasis is what creates the lock, the deck can win without it, whereas it is very hard to win without a Howling Mine.
W
here's the Morphling? As it turns out, Morphling is pretty much useless. I convinced my friend to replace it with a Braingeyser, as using a Braingeyser after an untap with Rescue is often an instant kill with all those islands down. Not to mention Tolarian Academy.

There is no sideboard, as sideboarding detracts from the engine, which is bad. Fish is so far the only bad matchup for this deck, as it can often Counter all the major threats and benefits immensely from the Howling Mines.

This thing is more of a showpiece than an item for critique (I'm trying to dump my "New Member" status), but if anyone has any questions or suggestions I'd love to here them.

-Daniel Leavitt

"But suddenly I viddied that thinking was for the gloopy ones and that the oomny ones used like inspiration and what Bog sends."
- A Clockwork Orange

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Is this built with cards you (or your friend) own? 'Cause if not, what about Mox Sapphire? Library of Alexandria? All of the other good restricted cards?