Help me make a W/R with sneak and balance

D

Demost

I really want to make a deck that uses R/W. I want the deck to use Sneak Attack, Serra Avatar, Balance, Zuran Orb as the main part of the deck but i need help in putting the rest together. These are some of the cards that i think i would like to put in Lotus Petal
Fire Diamond
Sol Ring
Altar of Dementia
Crater Hellions
Phantom Nishoba
any thing eles that mite come in help full i would love to here about .. thank you for you time
@xxxxxxxx§:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
Demost

T

Tabasco

Ok guy at my local shop plays mono red but I think I can help here.

Sol Ring
Grim Monolith
Enlightened Tutor.....your 5th Sneak
Lotus Petal
Lightning Bolt
Ancient Tomb

Instead of Fire Diamond I would use one of the red talismans....reason being is that talismans don't CIP tapped and the one damage to produce a red will not kill you.

Something Like:

4 Sneak Attack
R Grim monolith
R Sol Ring
R Balance
R Enlightened Tutor
R Lotus Petal
4 Seething Song
4 Lightning Bolt

2 Crater Hellion
2 Bladewing the Risen
3 Kilnmouth Dragon
4 Serra Avatar
2 Dragon Tyrant
2 Rorix Bladewing

3 Ancient Tomb
16 Mountain
5 Plains

If you have duals/painlands use them....otherwise the mana pool looks pretty good

Amplify on Kilnmouth is sick. I have seen it up to a 20/20.

You some help incase you need to hard cast some dragons....Seething song is great here.

Mountain, Go
Ancient Tomb, Monolith, Seething Song, Rorix Bladewing...he has haste and deals six a turn.

I hope this helps....

M

Mikeymike

Do you play Type 1 DCI rules? If you do, keep in mind that Balance, Sol Ring and Lotus Petal are restricted.

How about Sigil of the New Dawn? This comes courtesy of a former groupie, for 1RW he could recursively sneak any creature on any person's turn. Very effective. Could allow you to do Thundermare and/or Avalanche Rider soft-locks.

If you wanted to go green, Train has used Weird Harvest with Sneak. You Harvest for big stuff (like Nicol Bolas) and swarm. Nicol Bolas will either make them pitch their hand, or post attack you can Balance out their hand.

Other great Sneak Attack cards for R/W...
Pandemonium
Eternal Dragon
Miraculous Recovery
Death or Glory
Wrath of God/Rout/etc. (you don't want blockers, and you won't be playing many permanent creatures)
Gratiutous Violence
Angelic Chorus
Noble Purpose
Viashino's (ruling check, I think the active player gets priority on the effect)

Other great in general Sneak Attack cards...
Recurring Nightmare/graveyard recursion
Greater Good
Wizard Mentor
Symbiotic Wurm

Evil Sneak Attack Combos...
Survival of the Fittest / Squee / Darksteel Colossus

H

Homestar

how are sneak attack, balance, serra avatar and zuran orb synergistic?:confused: i dont see it.

T

Tabasco

Ok Homie......

Sneak Attack is used to get Serra Avatar out early enpough to kill them in one single blow.

Balance is just great aginst early threats....helps against fast decks.....eliminates all of their creatures

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Homestar
how are sneak attack, balance, serra avatar and zuran orb synergistic?:confused: i dont see it.
No no no...

Look at Balance and Zuran Orb...

And look at Sneak Attack and Serra Avatar...

Now do you see the synergy?

D

Demost

Frist off I want to start by thanking you all for the ideas but i do not think that im going to go with the hole white as my 2nd color. I think that i will do a R/G. Now for the hole R list, the people that im playing with do not care that much about it. I think now it will look something more like this
4x Sneak Attacks
4x Fling
3-4x Greater Good (This is just plain Fun!!)
2-3x Mox Diamond
4x BoP
2-3 Sol Ring
1-2x colossus of sardia
2-3x Cater Hellion
2-3x Shivan Phoenix
2-3x FTK
2-4x Serra Avatar
2-4 Lotus Petal
2-3 Verdant Succession (mabe
Right now i do not know how many land im going to use but something like 10/10.:confused:

D

Demost

new list so far . ....
4x Sneak Attacks
4x Fling
3x Greater Good (This is just plain Fun!!)
2xx Mox Diamond
4x BoP
2x Sol Ring
3x Cater Hellion
2x Shivan Phoenix
3x FTK
4x Serra Avatar
3x Lotus Petal
3x Nicol Bolas
3x Dragon Mage
4x mana volt

This is what I have so far. I hope the ideas just keep coming in. Thank you all
:cool:

D

Demost

ssry one thing that i need to put on there. I have 8 of each then 4 karplusan Forest.

H

Homestar

WOAH! Nice call RL... those would be great, specially the symbiotic wurm in my opinion.......

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, there are a lot of cards that are tempting to Sneak into play. The question is what will do the most for you. Obviously if you can get it out fast enough when it won't be blocked, Serra Avatar is the hardest hitting. Crater Hellion is nice for decimating the opponent's blockers or even attackers. Nicol Bolas hits particularly hard...

FTK is in the deck because it can be hard cast if necessary. Dragon Mage swings for damage and refills your hand. The Phoenix is understandably helpful...

Now A LOT of others could be good, but not all of them would fit into the deck. Symbiotic Wurm is a potential candidate, since it leaves behind a lot of little guys to help out if you can't make the kill quickly enough. Against other decks, Penumbra Wurm's big token could be more reliable. Living Hive is another creature that could make tokens for you. Thundermare circumvents most all blockers. I think Dragon Tyrant stands out though. It flies, tramples, and hits for up to 12 damage, or more if you have surplus red mana...

One issue is the Flings. They're not really necessary if you're beating the opponent down with Crater Hellions and Nicol Bolas, or whatever...

But they're very good with Serra Avatar, especially if you're at a high life total. Which is a strong point for keeping four in the deck...

But it depends on how well Greater Good tests in this deck. It could form a nasty combo, after all...