False Prophet / Lifeline

M

mlai

One of Peter Jahn's articles talks about Lifeline and False Prophet as being a particularly mean duo of cards if some means to sac the prophet when needed is on the table. However, he doesn't expand the idea any further, so I've decided to work on such a deck. It hasn't been assembled yet, as I don't have time currently to play any games, but it would go roughly like this:

edit: This deck is for multi-player.

3x False Prophet
2x Lifeline
1x Altar of Dementia
3x Claws of Gix
2x Phyrexian Furnace (to deal with Mogg Fanactics, Bottle Gnomes and other sac-in-response-to creatures)
4x Mogg Fanatic
2x Bottle Gnomes
1x Bosh, Iron Golem (sac to itself)
2x Triskelion (can hit for 2 and ping itself)
3x Jinxed Idol (hilarious with FP and Lifeline)
1x Enlightened Tutor (so many artifacts in the deck)
4x Swords to Plowshares (creature removal that gets around Lifeline)

25x Lands (I'll figure this out when I build the deck)

and there's room for other cards. I'm looking through my binder, and not too sure about what to include. I usually throw a bunch of humorous jank in once I reach this point. Some possibilities:

Disenchant (no one in our playgroup runs enchantment removal since Mirroden arrived. Stupid combo decks like this one thrive)
Dust to Dust
Story Circle (Helps against burn decks)
Shunt (fun card; may protect FP if no other creatures in play)
Mishra's Factory (create a creature at instant speed so FP guaranteed to come back. I might use that white 1/5 man-land.)
Nuisance Engine / Hornet Cannon (see above)
Avalanche Riders (maybe, looks good)
Flametongue Kavu
Lightning Bolt
Goblin Legionairre (sac ability, and I don't have a deck for them yet)

Any ideas?

D

DeathMaster666

Personally I would go up to 4 Lifelines. Mishra's Factory is a good idea because they pump each other up. You could try Blinkmoth Nexus as well if you need a flyer. I wouldn't use the 1/5 guy, he's pretty useless.

T

train

It's a great old combo - even all block it was awesome...

I think you definitely need something to recur your deck for spells - digger or something else...;)

M

mlai

Originally posted by DeathMaster666
Personally I would go up to 4 Lifelines. Mishra's Factory is a good idea because they pump each other up. You could try Blinkmoth Nexus as well if you need a flyer. I wouldn't use the 1/5 guy, he's pretty useless.
I've only got two Lifelines, but I'm keeping my eye out. Also, I didn't play when the 1/5 guy was in print, so I don't know quite how well he plays out. (I stopped after Visions and picked up again in Mirrodin.) I'll scrap him though for Factories.

T

train

I think the factories are stonger here because they require colorless mana...

maybe the new flyer...

:)

T

Tabasco

Goblin Welder......

Weld out an artifact creature (Gnomes) for Bosh.......get Gnomes back free....Plus with all the artifacts the recursion is madness......goes with the same block as Lifeline and Prophet.

T

train

The welder would be good - but make sure the creatures you want to keep are in hand, deck or gy... before letting the prophet see some action...;)