Looking for answers

J

JayEb333

i've taken some of the suggestions here to heart. thank you all very much for your input. this being my first website endeavor, it means a lot to me.

http://www.mana-burn.com
as you can see, i changed the color of the ad placeholders. that seemed to be a major problem. I personally like the buttons and menu, so i kept them the same.

correct me if i'm wrong, but copyright laws are only in effect if someone makes money off of a product that uses the copyrighted item, so until i get some advertising buisness (looks to be a long way off), i think i'm fine.

as per train's and darius's suggestion, the background is now slightly less boring.

and i like the masthead (there's more detail than you think if you look closer), so for now i'm keeping it. perhaps it will change later, but for now, it stays.

again, thank you all very much.

anybody read any of the comics?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I got a chance to go through the COP: Newbs or whatever it was called and liked it mostly. Some of them were better than others, but overall it was cool...

I didn't look through the other comics but might in the future...

Which one would you say is the best?

D

Darius099

Ewwww... raw html is a very bad idea...

Alright, it's good you did some changes. If you want, I'll do a new header logo for you, I'm good with graphics. In addition, I have a copy of Dreamweaver MX2004 that I can let you have, it'll help your site a ton, trust me, from a fellow webmaster.

~Darius099

J

JayEb333

thanks, but no thanks, on both accounts. I like doing my own graphics, and i already have dreamweaver...

what's wrong with raw html? it has the same effect...

D

Darius099

Then why don't you use it? o_O

1. Monstrously hard to edit and upkeep as time goes on.
2. Messy. Unproffessional.
3. Legacy code from a website is damn near impossible to work with; almost a lost cause.
4. Dreamweaver/similar programs has better browser compatibility.

~Darius099

J

JayEb333

meh. I happen to disagree on most of those accounts, but we're all entitled to our own opinions and preferences.

T

train

Starting to keep an eye on the site - not too bad...

though my personal preference is the CPA...

;)

:cool: