4 Reef Shaman

Spells
4 Karma
4 Conversion
4 Magical Hack
4 Orim's Chant
4 Mind Bend
4 Glaciers
In case anyone's wondering, this deck is centered around winning by mucking up the Opponent's lands, by denying Him the land type He needs and/or damaging Him with them. Dream Thrush and/or Reef Shaman are designed to change them during the Opponent's upkeep, with karma and/or Stern Judge being used to damage Him with those changed lands. Conversion/Glaciers can do both, provided He has the right(or wrong, depending on how You look at it)lands out, and can, with the Thrush or Shaman, permanently change them over(use the Thrush or Shaman to change a land into a mountain, which triggers the ability from conversion/Glaciers, changing it over into a plains as long as Conversion remains in play). Magical Hack and Mind Bend are used to alter land text to suit whatever lands He has or, in some cases, what He doesn't have. Holy Day, while not My first choice(Orim's Chant was My first, but costs +-$10.00 a card, on the rare occasion that You could actually FIND one), will do for buying Me an extra turn from His creatures.

Thanks in advance for any help You may give.

EDIT: I just found and ordered Orim's Chant. I just replaced Holy Day with them.

R

Rooser

The combo's all well and good, and it could certainly be some fun, but you have absolutely no defense, which isn't going to cut it even in a multiplayer game. You can probably cut down on some of your combo pieces, (Do you really need 8 "Conversions" and 8 "Karmas"?) I would cut out one of the Karmas and all 4 Glaciers, and maybe even one of the Conversions. Conversion/Bend can be a good lock on mana, but you won't get it until turn 5 minimum anyway, and by that time even a scrub's liable to have something dangerous out, and suddenly you'll die to that. I think some solid defensive cards for this deck would be Propaganda, (great in multiplayer as if convinces people to leave you alone in the early game, which is all you really need), and/or Wall of Tears to hold off the onslaught until you can lock down their mana.

Also, a complete lack of card drawing isn't likely to bode too well for a combo deck.

A

A Mortal Among Gods

Originally posted by Rooser
The combo's all well and good, and it could certainly be some fun, but you have absolutely no defense, which isn't going to cut it even in a multiplayer game. You can probably cut down on some of your combo pieces, (Do you really need 8 "Conversions" and 8 "Karmas"?) I would cut out one of the Karmas and all 4 Glaciers, and maybe even one of the Conversions. Conversion/Bend can be a good lock on mana, but you won't get it until turn 5 minimum anyway, and by that time even a scrub's liable to have something dangerous out, and suddenly you'll die to that. I think some solid defensive cards for this deck would be Propaganda, (great in multiplayer as if convinces people to leave you alone in the early game, which is all you really need), and/or Wall of Tears to hold off the onslaught until you can lock down their mana.

Also, a complete lack of card drawing isn't likely to bode too well for a combo deck.
Thanks for the advice, Rooser.

O.k. I took out Karma, Conversion, and Orim's Chant and replaced them with War Tax, Sanctimony, and Jayemdae Tome. The tome for the card drawing, and the War Tax and Sactimony(seasoned to taste with Magical Hack or Mind Bend) can be used together. In order to attack with His creatures, He must pay X for each one, but if He does that, Sanctimony kicks in. If the average power of His attacker(s) is less than or equal to X, then the attack wouldn't accomplish anything. How's this?

R

Rooser

That's actually pretty creative, but I like Propaganda more than War Tax just because you don't have to baby-sit it.

A

A Mortal Among Gods

Yeah, that's a drawback. When I tested it out, I had to play a waiting game until I got out enough land to play something else as well as have enough X to keep the highest-powered attacker from attacking. But I figured with Propaganda, They only need pay 2/creature. If Their highest powered one is 3 or greater (with or without pumping) I'll still wind up taking damage, so I don't mind waiting.

EDIT: I took out Jayemdae Tome and replaced it with Archivist. Same casting cost as the Tome, but activation is just {Tap}.

A

A Mortal Among Gods

Originally posted by train
Reality Twist!!!...
:eek: :D :cool:, and My thrushes and shamans would act as a "minus the drawback", One BIG drawback though: That 1UU cumulative upkeep. It would only be good for a turn or two, and then I'd have to get rid of it, unless You know of a way to keep it in play without forcing Me to scrap the deck.

T

train

Power conduit... It will keep the reality twist in play F-O-R-E-V-E-R!...

A

A Mortal Among Gods

Power conduit... It will keep the reality twist in play F-O-R-E-V-E-R!...
???????:confused: Uhhhhhhh. How does that work?

T

train

if you read the updated rules for "cumulative upkeep", there are counters used to determine the "upkeep" cost to be paid... if the upkeep cost is 1 green mana, and there are 3 counters on it, then the cumulative upkeep would be 3 green mana... etc, etc,...

the conduit removes the counter and then makes it a +1/+1 counter for something else...;)

you should never have to pay more than "1" cumulative upkeep cost amount to keep it in play as long as you use the conduit to keep removing the counters...:D

A

A Mortal Among Gods

if you read the updated rules for "cumulative upkeep", there are counters used to determine the "upkeep" cost to be paid... if the upkeep cost is 1 green mana, and there are 3 counters on it, then the cumulative upkeep would be 3 green mana... etc, etc,...

the conduit removes the counter and then makes it a +1/+1 counter for something else...;)

you should never have to pay more than "1" cumulative upkeep cost amount to keep it in play as long as you use the conduit to keep removing the counters...:D
Oh, o.k. I didn't think counters were involved. I thought You just pay the upkeep cost on You next upkeep, then twice that on the one after that, and three times that, etc. I'll have to test that out. :)

C

chocobo_cid

They really changed a lot in 6ed, most of the effects of which have been long forgotten.;)

T

train

Oversoul - thank you for pointing out that something in blue is a stupid idea...

however, it is blue, and is understood to be so, even when not mentioned by a thread's post...

;)

Something that shouldn't have left with 6th - Fizzle!...

A

A Mortal Among Gods

O.k. I'm testing it out right now. A little cumbersome, so far. I had to add Mana Cylix as well as Power Conduit because Reality twist affects My plains, as well. I've thought about hacking it, but I don't want to turn His lands into dual lands. If He has the land type that I hack the text into (I'd avoid that, of course, but some use 3-5 color in Their decks, which can be a problem), it would be disasterous. I could've also just hacked all 4 of the land texts to suit My needs, but that seems like an awful lot of hacking on just one card. Anyway, I'll keep testing it. If You guys have any more advice, let Me know.