Sword of Fire & Ice

G

GauntletKing

Holy cr.%$ this card is good.

With a little blue stall and control support is is soooo good.

I play with 2 Metathran soldier, 4 soltari guerillas, 1 shifting sliver and the usual suspects, opposition, transmuter, 4 vex, tradewind rider, viachino heretic, demonic hordes, sengir autocrat....

You get one in play, and all of a sudden your opponents' creatures start dying AND you start drawing cards. Eventually you draw another one and start dealing damage directly to the player. Your 1/1 metathran soldier that has been keeping all but the largest fat off the table is suddenly dealing 5 a turn and drawing you 2 cards.

It's Drizzt the assasin all over again.

Free damage and card drawing out of a 2 card combo. It is one of my favorite combos in years. Get one on a guerillas and it is just plain dumb. "deal 7 (5 from the guerillas ability, 2 from the sword's flame) to your (insert green fat of your choice) and I'll draw a card. (oh look... Vex!)

It's so good, it's worth spending a card to make sure it gets through.

Last week, someone tried to block my double sword equipped Flying Scimitar with a blinkmoth nexus, their only flier. I corpse danced (without buyback) a demonic hordes to destroy it and dealt 9 to the player to put him out of the game. I drew 2 more cards to help deal with my remaining opponents.:eek:

And I actuallyt had someone ask me which of the 2 swords I prefer..... Light & shadow isn't even in the same league.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

R

Rooser

Light and Shadow was pretty good tonight when my friend equipped his rukh token with it. :D

"It's dancing rukhs all over again." :rolleyes:

T

train

the swords are good, but they are extremely dangerous if they hit the table early game...

as for the mentioned - the creatures they touch, or themselves become primary targets...

:)

M

Master Shake

I like its counterpart, Sword of Light and Shadow. It makes my sally happy.

G

GauntletKing

I understand the want to have a creature out of your graveyard, but what about versatility?

The damage is for creature or player, there's no other condition that must be true to make the most of Fire & ice.

Yes, putting a creature in the graveyard is no big deal, but that begins the road of other conditions needed. Damage and cards is so basic, so good in so many more situations.

Train, why the rain on the parade, did a swordsperson stomp you with one recently?;)

R

Rooser

Oh, Fire and Ice is totally the better card, but I was just telling of somebody's good use of the other one because I think it's a bit extreme to say that Light and Shadow "doesn't even compare." They're both pretty good in the right decks.

T

train

they are both good in the right decks...

The fire and ice is playing in one of my MTGO league decks now...:D

M

mythosx

speaking of the swords...sure they are flavorful and they kick ass...but i think wizards is going to have creators remorse in a bit and say something about the color wheel and disavow any knowledge of its existence in a bit. After feeding us so long with the bull about some color wheel they go and messed it up by giving everyone access to abilities by making them artifacts....awesome..

D

DeathMaster666

Its pretty good. I heard about using it as T2 Sideboard tech vs Goblins o_O. Nice for casual though, basically +4/+2 and a card.

H

Homestar

heck with u all. i dont care i think they both RoXoRs BoXoRs. if i absolutly had to choose one id go with fire and ice cuz u draw a card :p