Write Your Combo

L

Loonook

My favorite combo of all time is storm cauldron/fastbond/worship/make a land a creature anyway u can/burn spell of a heinous power... its so pretty :)

Most of it can be hunted with the right deck... its fun to cycle thru a 300 card deck with Horn of greed in that combo then use Digger to put 1 on library and nail them for 1000 with a huge fireball and seismic assault damage :)

L

Loafing Giant

Keldon Battlewagon+Saproling Burst+Alter of Dementia=death by decking(seeker of skybreak for more fun)

Fountain watch +Invioability +Wall of Glare +Pariah =ta-da a worship(sort-of)

D

Dead

Saber Ants, pandemonium and coat of arms- drop any old 1/1 into play and snipe at the ants to get an insect token. Ants immediately grow to 3/4 size (with a point of damage on it) and you have a 2/2 insect looking for a target... shoot the saber ants for 2, get 2 insects- saber ant is now 5/6 size with 3 damage on it and you have 2 4/4s looking for shoot something- hit the saber ants for 8, get yourself 8 more ants and you have 88 pandemonium damage to assign...

Ok, i admit, this is my favourite combo because it won me a foil common in a competition on this site and convinced me to keep coming back :)

C

Craven

Sneak Attack and Viashino Cutthroat:
Use Sneak Attack to bring Cutthroat into play.
At end of turn both end-of-turn effects go unto the stack, you choose which one goes first. You say Cutthroat, Cutthroat returns to your hand, sacrifice of Sneak Attack fizzles. Use Pandemonium for more fun. This means 10 damage per round for 1 red mana!!!

I

Ihsans Shade

One Swamp, 4 Dark Rituals, One Teeka's Dragon. Here's the play-by-play:

1 Play Swamp
2 Tap Swamp (B)
3 Cast one Dark Ritual (BBB)
4 Use the 3B to cast three more DR (BBB BBB BBB)
5 Cast Teeka's Dragon
6 End Turn
7 Attack for 5
8 repeat seven
9 repeat eight
10 repeat nine
11 ...Well if you did this right the game should be over by now.

I am...
Ihsan's Shade

K

Killerbob

argothian elder (tap to untap 2 lands) + maze of ith+ either: attacking mishras factory (infinite large) or magna mine+forest(infinite burn) or elf with elvish fury (infinite large). Guess the machine elder/maze could make other combo´es too, but HEY! This is an Elf-deck! It has to be elves and forests! ... please dont ask me in what way Mishra is related to the elves...I really dont know...but he must be...

D

Danielus

My friend's deck that was so effective he retired it:
"Prosperous Bloom"
Cadaverous Bloom+Prosperity+Drain Life
(Draw a bunch of cards with Prosperity, discard 'em all with the Bloom then Drain Life)
Another funny one:
Earthcraft+Wild Growth+Sliver Queen
(Make a sliver token with the enchanted land then earthcraft untap it with the token, make another, and another... then have fun with your infinite army of slivers! ooh, which sacrifice ability to use? acidic, victual... so many choices... or just attack?)
A very nasty one:
Animate Land with Eradicate
yes this works, and it eliminates all lands of the targeted type from your opponent's library(ouch)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You know the first one was one of the first sucessful combo tourney decks and the second is a variation of the Earthcraft/Mesa combo that got banned, right? :)

D

Darsh

I always go for the simple combo's....and the ones that piss people off...

Island Sanctuary + Rebels

Bubbling Muck + Drain Life/Pestilence Of course this is rather late in a multiplayer game...when I usually have 2-3 bubbling mucks...heh heh.

U

Urza(Yes I Like Men)

No No No, all of your combos seem to work too well!
A true combo goes lyke this:
Twiddle + Bone Flute

Hehe Yes I like to use this combo.... Just cast twiddle upon your bone flute and make sure to use your mana wisely
Have fun twiddling your bone flute!

T

train

Any of the turn______ into a creature cards and eradicate...

N

Nightstalkers

Quicksilver Amulet out a Phage on your turn and give her trample by elf man. :D

K

Killerbob

Sorry, doesnt work:

Phage the Untouchable
Color= Black Type= Creature - Minion Legend Cost= 3BBBB LE(R)
Text (LE): 4/4. ; When ~this~ comes into play, if you didn't play it from your hand, you lose the game. ; Whenever ~this~ deals combat damage to a creature, destroy that creature. It can't be regenerated. ; Whenever ~this~ deals combat damage to a player, that player loses the game.

It is only considered "played from your hand" if you play it as a spell from your hand. Putting it into play from your hand using a spell or ability will cause you to lose the game. [D'Angelo 2003/02/01]
Note - Also see Legendary Permanents, Rule K.17.

N

Nightstalkers

you mean to tell me a level 2 judge and the guy above him got that one wrong???

What a couple of jerks

V

V.L.Sigma

If they did, then I have lost some faith in judges. Anyway, my fav. combo is silver Wyvern and Coalition flag.

T

train

Don't lose faith in judges- lose faith in those judges...

Most judges can read the card and make a ruling correctly...