Provokers

H

Homestar

Hey guys, im workin on a provoke deck and i was just curious as to what provokers you guys reccomend.

T

train

The spell provoke - with buyback is something to look into... That way you can play any creatures and give them provoke...;)

G

GauntletKing

Krosan Vorine is my favorite. can't be blocked by more than 1 creature. 3/2, G3 casting cost, beast type. Great green control card. common.

There is a soldier that is my second favorite. 1/1, W casting cost, ability besides provoke: 1W: prevent all damage dealt to and by "soldier name" this turn.
good for getting your other attackers through the one big blocker.

does anyone remember the name of the mystery soldier?

O

orgg

The Provokers work well with Banding... but banding is probably the most complicated ability in Magic(it's quite confusing), so you probably should stay away from those...

Other than that, equipment that make the creatures bigger(like Fireshrieker or Vulshack Morningstar) work well in forcing your opponent to block with his creatures that are weak enough to be killed by your Provokers.

H

Homestar

i kno all that and i kno what banding is.....ive been doin some major studying.:) i just need some suggestions on which ones to put in my deck. i have brontothermia er however you spell it. and i have that card that gives guys provoke. i just need a little more.

I

Istanbul

It's true. Krosan Vorine and Deftblade Elite are pretty awesome, as provokers go. 'Course, when you combine Hunter Sliver and Toxin Sliver, things get pretty ugly...

K

Killerbob

and talon sliver :)

I know this is a little off-topic, but the spell provoke might fit into some basilisk deck.

T

train

I'll say that's within topic...

Provoke can fit well in a lot of decks...

Especially when playing weenie - gobbos - and a bunch of critter decks...

;)

H

Homestar

i have like 7 basilisks and i have natural affinity. but then i have no idea how i can get my hands on one of those invasion plans..................:confused:

K

Killerbob

cant be that difficult. They go for less than 1$ in netstores.

H

Homestar

yea but then there is shipping and handling. and plus, those are good cards for a basilisk deck but i want a provoker deck. i still want those cards none the less.

N

Notepad

The best provoker of all time is myself. I black out the card art with a marker, then red out the power/toughness and name so it can still be read, but only with great effot and up close, and then I white-out, red-out, and black-out borders to not be what they are predictably. Then, I sort of sit there and eyeball my opponent's mother as she shops for his YuGiOh cards.

At that point, I promptly get kicked out of the tourney. Not for bad sportsmanship, but for coming to try to play Magic in the store.

K

Killerbob

actually I have 4 of these I could trade you. But sending from Denmark is about 2$,so I need something to make it worth the trouble. Some good card like a mutilate, a meddling mage or a cunning wish.
If youre interrested the address of my h/w list is in my signature.

N

Notepad

How could you trade me four copies of myself? Plus, I don't want to be stuffed in the mail again. That sucks...

T

train

It's multi-dimensional math SeFRo...

"Kind of like 1+3 = 567,789..."

N

Notepad

Or how...

. _
3.9 = 4?

I still think it'd be creepy if there was more than one of me. One is creepy enough...

I

Izaryo

this is a combo that has appeared in my gaming places
1st turn: deftblade elite
2nd turn: hero's resolve on elite
next turn: bonesplitter

and suddenly, i can't play creatures 'cause they get provoked

...Think about that