What card makes you cry when it is played against you?

I

Istanbul

And every Type 1 player hates Price of Progress. :D

"1R for...let's see...14 points of damage. SUCK IT!"

I

Istanbul

Even in mono-color decks, lots of Type 1 decks pack a sizeable number of non-basic lands. I mean, c'mon...even with a paltry TWO non-basics, PoP is 1R for 4 damage, and you could do a lot worse.

M

Mikeymike

Nope, I stick by my Withered Wretch. Being that he is a creature, and black, he all too easily/often comes back into play.

Not saying that Tormod's Crypt and Planar Void aren't evil as well, but I usually have a somewhat easier time playing around them - can't explain why, maybe b/c I see the Wretch so much more often. Also, the Wretch beats down, further increasing its annoying quotient.

T

train

Mike... try taking a shotgun to your next playing session...

Label it "Wretch Killer", and just lay it on the table for everyone to see the label...

I don't think you'll see many wretches with the killer around...;)

T

train

Or you can donate a steel golem...

but I think the shotgun would save valuable deck space for other cards...

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by train
but I think the shotgun would save valuable deck space for other cards...
Excellent point Train. Do you think it would count against my sideboard?

T

train

I'd rule that it would not count against your sideboard limit, as it is merely an ornament you place on the table when you play - similar to "good luck" items...

I still need to get ahold of WoTC and ask about my certification... Why does school take up so much time?!...;)

"Though this one might easily hand luck to you..."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Why not use a "blue-killer" shotgun instead then? I'd think Train would have fun with that...

S

shadow_acid

Did anybody say Memory Jar?
I HATE MEMORY JAR!!!
Wonder why? Its always in a megrim deck.

T

train

the memory jar decks i remember didn't have megrims - they just won on the first/second turn...

C

chris92

i hate cataclysm, especially when there's a soltari monk with empyrial armor across the table.

S

shadow_acid

errr. . .Hatred? my friend has a shadow deck with hatred in it. very effective, yet still beatable some of the time

C

chris92

i have a suicide black which had a set of hatred and dark rits. though i only ran a set of dauthi slayer in it.

M

MagicMan

I personally hate playing against an Affinity deck. Those dang
Ravagers!!!

S

shadow_acid

The following cards

Awe Strike
Arrest
Razor Barrior
Shrapnel Blast
Fist of the Anvil (too much pump for too little cost)
Anything with or gives double-strike (such a broken ability)