MTGNews is again down for the count.

B

BigBlue

Hmmm...

Hope everything is alright there... I never followed any other magic sites religiously - used to visit the Dojo frequently but not religiously.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It's been a while since I posted here, but since my current stomping grounds are going under, I'm probably going to move back in. And my wrestling fed may follow.

I probably still won't post that much, didn't post much on MTGNEWS.com expect for my clan and the wrestling fed. But, perhaps I can make up for my absence by recruiting new CPAers.

Ransac, cpa trash man

S

Senori

MTGnews' forums might still survive if they can find a new server to host it upon.
Well, it's a sad day for me. =/

O

orgg

SacMan! You defected to MTGNews?

No Way! That's just not right...

N

Notepad

This closure is not due to financial trouble but for reasons that I do not wish to discuss publicly.
My guess is that he's tired of the hate-filled whine-fest that the site has become. Almost any news that's posted--the forum whiners complain and flame. Its turned so much into a collection of bNet Kidz, that's probably the reason.

Not that all of their forum posters were bad. Just that the overwhelming majority seem like the same type who call everyone "gay" and "fag" all the time on games.

Sad to see such a greats ite go. The last of the classic era oldies is gone...

M

madmike

hey im one of those kids and i take offense im jp lol i hope they stay alive

R

Rooser

Ahh, don't take it too personally, madmike. Mr. Roney, (Who, by the way, eats entuirely too much pasta), talks trash about everything. You learn to tune out the grumpiness so you can just listen to his bouts ofextreme hilarity. :D

M

Master Shake

MTG News, the home of stupid traders, bad decks, idioc newbies, and abusive mods...

See ya!

D

Darius099

I was a member there for 2 years+, and I'm also a clan member there.

Some good people, many bad apples.

Sad to see parts go, the rest can rot. I likes it here more anyways ;)

~Darius099

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Darius099
Some good people, many bad apples.
Hmm, if you take away the grumpiness from my last post, this is what I was trying to say--word for word. Thanks, Darius.

I think it may be the pasta that makes me so grumpy...

I

Istanbul

I know I followed Zadok here from MTGNews.com, back in the olden days.

It's sad to see MTGNews go, but I certainly understand how it might be a symptom of the degeneration of the forums. We'll be happy to take any of the people who want to come by, with the understanding that we won't put up with the crap that tore down the MTGNews.com forums (or at least made them miserable to visit).

In other words...treat those around you with respect, and you're welcome here. Be a jerk and get introduced to Mr. Boot - he's got a profound interest in the backsides of the inconsiderate. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Totally agree with all of that... and perhaps Ed will have to crack down on idiots if they don't pay attention...

Originally posted by BigBlue
Hmmm...

Hope everything is alright there... I never followed any other magic sites religiously - used to visit the Dojo frequently but not religiously.
Everything's all right here as far as I know...

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Spiderman
Everything's all right here as far as I know...
That's the calm before the storm. Before you know it, we'll be infested with the vermin problem that MTGNews has. The trade forums will turn into this:

Trade Mutant 1: i tr8d u 4 pax
Trade Mutant 2: ok. wug.
Trade Mutant 3: wug
Trade Mutant 4: wug
Trade Mutants 5 through 4,391: wug???/!!!1?!?!/1
Trade Mutant 1: i got puh-tare-onz. foil. tr8d w me

Okay, not really. Fortunately, some sad fools are offering to support those forums independent of MTGNews, so the little mutants will stay put for the time being. YAY!!! :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
At that point, I'd probably step out of the Trading Forum.

But that actually happened quite a bit when the site first started up, back in 2000. I kept out of it then too :)

M

Mikeymike

While I feel for the MTGNews community, it appears that so far we've benefitted. We've seen some strong growth with some quality people in the past few months on these boards.

Poor Ed will probably have some work to do once this all goes down (i.e. blocking out certain names and IP's, etc.). No fun, but we'll see.

T

train

I'd have to agree that it can be a lot of work when it all comes down to it...

But - growth here is probably in the middle of everything we want anyways!...;)

I

Istanbul

Growing pains aren't pleasant, but growth is. We'll survive this.

C

Chaos Turtle

This should be fun.

The only things I'll miss are the Rumor Mill and my occasional use of the Ultimate Spoiler Generator.