Hi, I'm new here.

F

Francois Vincent

Hi,

I'm one of those weirdos who likes to use his real name instead of a handle. I used to think those people didn't quite get it, so I think I used to "get it" and somewhere along the way I stopped "getting it" and now I miss "it".

Bring back "IT"! Will somebody get me "IT"?!

Anyways, I write the occasional article at Conquest and previous to that for other sites which seem to go defunct as soon I join (karma is sending me a signal). Conquest updates about twice a year now so what can you do?

I'll scope out more of the site as I go but I'm in the final stages of my Master's thesis (due Monday arg!) so I won't be fully participant until then.

Later
Francois

F

Francois Vincent

Oh yeah,

I've been playing since Fallen Empires, I love pre-releases and I have no favorite color since you can be cruel and insidious in all of them.

R

rkoelsch

I think you will like it here. I have been here a short time but I already have made this my start site for magic.

A

Apollo

Hey, welcome to the CPA!

Although if your track record is any indication, maybe we should kick you out.

J/K :D

Apollo

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Well, we're not planning on going defunct soon, so welcome!

Now, can you go join the Dojo real quick? :D

..oh, and tell your friends about us!

C

Cateran Overlord

Yes, join the Dojo and bring it down!!!!!!

Sorry, but I just have a problem with the Dojo and such (ask anyone, I like to point out my hatred of it :mad: )

Welcome to the CPA anyway :) Using it as a start site is a good idea as any news, MTG related or not, will be on the boards and probably have a fight going on.

By the way, if you like to be entertained, go to the Battle Arena and read the ongoing saga of our flame wars. It's hilarious stuff ;)

G

garfobo

Overlord, the Dojo shouldnt go down, its a magic community, and magic needs as many breeding places as possible, The Dojo needs to reamin as another place to grab more and more people to this beloved game of magic, anyway, welcome, sorry for the rant!

T

theorgg

Fallen Empires...

the BEST expantion of the last few years. my favorite.

Welcome to the CPA. hopefully your trend won't continue.

by curiosity, what site did you come here from? Ed and I are curious about where people are coming from--word of mouth, links on personal sites, or other:).

A

Apollo

I just read this on the Dojo boards:
Type 2 seems really gay to me. You can only use like seven sets or whatever. It must be gay as all hell. All the type 2 decks i see are retarded as hell. Why would Anyone want to go type 2?
And this isn't the worst of it. But there are good posts there, and we need all the Magic forums we can get. The Dojo shouldn't die, even if it isn't nearly as good as this site :D

Apollo

F

Francois Vincent

Hey

I came over from mtgnews.com. It's my fave site for magic news. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this place as there seems to be few posts of "I posted furst! HAHA! JookySword1".

Fallen was what got me hooked into magic because I had no cash and could get boosters for 1$ each. I even found a box of god packs for Fallen so I have about 2-4 of all the rares and I didn't buy that many packs.

I'll try to cause any imminent downfall/blazing crash/cataclysmic destruction of the site. I swear it's a coincidence and only when I write articles. :)

Thanks for the welcome.

T

theorgg

I got one of those. Ebon Praeter, followed by Ebon Praeter. another two after that. then Ebon Praeter, Ebon Praeter, Ebon Praeter. wanna guess the last card?

Yep. Ebon Praeter.

Hey, could I bum four thrull champions off of ya? those things are rarer than moxes around here(no joke!!!)
I found a grand total of ONE in the binder of the resident Pro Sol Malka.

that's IT!

F

Francois Vincent

Thrull champion is one of the few rare I only have two of. I've traded so many away already. People love him! So do I. I wish I had four again... *snif*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, welcome aboard!

Apollo: Good posts on the Dojo? I haven't really seen any... and most of them are one-liners from Jazz and BLV. Magic Jackal is over there though... and CT is just hilarious, "beatin' down the ig'nant". I find myself looking forward to just seeing what his next posts will be... :)

A

Apollo

I meant some good articles get up sometimes on the main page. The message boards are pretty much chaff. Then again, many of the articles are too. But anyway...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I thought you meant the message boards.

The ones on the main page are slowly getting up there (Chad Ellis is pretty good) but it'll be some time before they get a good caliber of "columnists" like they had before the "Dojo burp" in service. ;)