Multiplayer R/W: Soul Burn

K

krichaiushii

I am sure that someone, somewhere has already thought of this, but here is my take on how to have fun with Varchild's Warriders (from Alliances).

Soul Burn:

Creatures:
4 Varchild's Warriders
4 Soul Warden
4 Serra Angel
4 Ridgeline Rager
2 Viashino Heretics
2 Soltari Visionary

Spells/Artifacts:
4 Sizzle
4 Flame Rift
4 Caltrops
4 Heaven's Gate
4 Martyr's Cry
2 Disenchant
2 Holy Light
2 Furnace of Rath

Land:
10 Plains
8 Mountains
4 Plateau
1 Shivan Gorge

For a grand total of 69 cards. I have found that Congegrate makes you too inviting of a target, but it would fit, nicely. The strategy is to gain life through always paying the Cumulative Upkeep of the Warriders, with the Soul Warden(s) in play. Caltrops and Holy Light keep you from being overrun by the aforementioned upkeep. Once you are ahead in life, Flame Rift and Sizzle for all you are worth, ideally with a Furnace in play. The Shivan Gorge is just for fun. An alternate method is to make all the Warriders' tokens white for a turn using Heaven's Gate, then remove all white creatures from the game using Martyr's Cry. Not only does Martyr's Cry remove the creatures, the creatures' controllers draw one card per white creature removed. If it works right, you can concievably deck your opponent.

Opinions are most welcome. Thanks!

A

Apollo

Haha, a War Riders deck that actually works! Unlike my lovely deck, which was ruined by the unwelcome rules knowledge of others on this site. :(

It looks good, krichaiushii (man, what a name!)

H

herald of valdemar

i don't see much wrong and it could kill me for sure, but you probably have a lot more cards than i do

K

krichaiushii

Apollo -- by chance did your Warrider deck involve Aether Flash and Dingus Staff?

M

Mikeymike

Bosium Strip or Soldevi Digger would work nicely to put Flame Rifts and Sizzle back into use.

Volcanic Wind would be as Sammy Sosa would say "bery bery good to you".

A Rector or few might also be nice to pull out the Furnaces