location =p

A

Arcane85

Hi...i'm from west sussex in the UK and was wondering if anyone knows where in either London or Brighton where pple congregate
to trade/buy/sell magic cards amongst themselves and/or with the shop owner at the particular location...

Been searching for quite some time but to no avail...=(

Help needed...=p:confused: :confused:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have no idea... there were only a couple of people from England who used to post here and I don't think they check in anymore...

R

Reverend Love

WoTC has a search utility on their page for finding official vendors of Magic products. Maybe you'll get lucky and find something nearby.

T

train

Don't know personally... but try emailing this person and asking him if he might know - he's from the UK also, though I'm not sure about my UK geography - I'm better with Western Europe...

He's from Weston-super-Mare, Avon

Peter Smith at: petsmith8@aol.com

He's also a great Ebay Seller!!!...

Another member on these boards is Gizmo - and he has an email address available - he's from Manchester, UK - you might leave him a private message or email him...

There are probably others - I just don't know of any ...

WoTC does have a store Locator - Here's what I found that may help you -
see here

Hope this helps!

T

train

He may not play, but if he ever drops on the boards, he might answer a PM on where to find the game - if it's nearby...

That link I provided listed tons of places in the UK - hopefully one is close enough...

A

Arcane85

woah.. u guys are really fast... =)

thankx train...i emailed the peter guy already...so sorta waitin for his reply...as for gizmo well.. erm.. tryin to find his name in these forums at the present moment... thank u for list too...however, i'm just afraid that some or even most of the places listed may only involve themselves in sellin boosters and theme boxes instead of individual cards...let alone buy or trade from u...=(

i found the forbidden planet store in london but they moved to a megastore just down the street...havent checked that out yet but... u think those guys will participate in trading ? =?

:confused:

T

train

The best way to go about your business in a store is to know the person selling/trading the cards from/through the store...

A lot of owners are previous/current players of the games they sell... note this is not always the case...

What you can do is talk to the store owner a bit, let him/her know what you're wanting to do, and make sure you mention the word "buy"...

They do want to know that you're a customer, and not someone who will generate nil cash from your own pocket - though if you have high-dollar stuff for trade, it helps because they know they can sell it to others...

as for the other players in the stores - ask the owner/manager if they have tournaments, if not, is there a place they know of... don't mention anything about the other stores you know about - let them tell you what they know...

Personal note - I am the only one allowed to sell cards in the shop I play in - and this isn't discriminatory - I spend plenty of money at the shop, but the owner understands I have stuff he doesn't and allows me to sell - though I do my best to keep this low profile... The main reason I'm allowed to do so is because I asked his permission before doing so, and told him I would only trade on items that he also had in the store...

If you try to sell at the store - do it outside the business, unless you know it is otherwise permitted... I've even known shops that asked for a commission on deals made within the store - but this was on the honor method anyway...

If you're looking for the people experience on trading and playing and buying be patient and maybe call the stores and ask them...

If you just want to begin trading/buying - let the CPA know what you're looking for by posting a have/want list in the trading forum...

and as for gizmo - go to the members list(top menu bar on your screens) and then select "G" i think Gizmo is on the second page for "G"s...

Hope all this helps...

train.

A

Arcane85

woah... so many thing to look out for... hmm thankx man !! =)

sadly...i've tried a couple more stores in london..but to no avail...
they only sell the packets with no files to sell the individual cards...

i think either today or tommorow i'll be going down to the places u listed for me... then i'll get back here when i'm done with those places... =)

hey train.. really thankx for ur time and tips.. ^_^

Cheers mate.. =)

get back to ya when i've visited those official vendors..:cool:

T

train

Not a problem... and remember - you can trade with us online, if all else fails...:D :cool: