3 Browbeat
4 Lightning Bolt
// Bridges
4 Grafted Skullcap
4 Mindstorm Crown
4 Ensnaring Bridge
// Places connected by the bridges that are burning
22 Mountain
Edit: this is a budget deck. I already have all of the expensive cards that I need for this deck (Bridges, Wheel, and Fork).

Need a Sideboard and suggestions.

T

train

sideboard:
3 defense grids
3 pillage
2 boil
3 Ersatz gnomes
3 Avalanche riders
1 Nevinyrral's disk

And I personally think you need a soldevi digger main deck... just in case you get drawn out... shouldn't happen - but you never know... a second turn cop red can end it for you...

D

DeathMaster666

If I use Digger, should I use some fetches (provided I can get some) to thin my deck and shuffle some of the lands out? And what is the purpose of Avalance Riders in the SB?

N

Notepad

Originally posted by train
sideboard:
3 defense grids
3 pillage
2 boil
3 Ersatz gnomes
3 Avalanche riders
1 Nevinyrral's disk
Um...NO!!!

Sideboard:
4x Coat of Arms
4x Coat of Arms
4x Coat of Arms
3x Coat of Arms

:D :D :D

T

train

The riders are a great surprise in that they can deal with any troublesome lands - glacial chasm(if for some reason that saw play)... but also, for 4 mana, you get a shock and a stone rain, and a creature if you choose to keep it past echo... and in the format you're looking to run it in, you may be getting rid of something like tolarian academy...

if it's just for fun - then something likt the fire-slingers would work for damage and creatures...

the shuffling the deck would help with digger...

I

Istanbul

Why only do this halfway?

18x Mountain
2x Barbarian Ring
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Incinerate
4x Thunderbolt
4x Chain of Plasma
4x Flame Rift
4x Firebolt
4x Flame Burst
4x Kindle
1x Wheel of Fortune
3x Howling Mine
4x Ensnaring Bridge

Boom, baby.

N

Notepad

Hey...I have a Vintage deck that is just like that....

Man, I gotta dig it up and post it :D

D

DeathMaster666

I don't like Howling Mine because it gives card advantage to both players. Thats why I use the Skullcap and the Crown. Maybe Hammer of Bogardans instead of the Browbeats and some R searchlands to thin the deck if I can get them?

T

train

i think you want the browbeats... They come in extremely handy when you look at it...

just an example...

They have 8 life and know that paying 5 puts them in kill range... so you draw 3 and get 2 fireblasts...

as for the skullcap/howling mine bit - I think that's a personal deal... I sure don't have a preference...

:rolleyes: ;)

N

Notepad

Train is right...you want browbeats. FOrget the stupid hammer, as you'll usually have not enough mana for it. At least, my own deck never gets that far. Always win the game with like 5 or so lands out at most...

Now I just gotta dig up the sucker and show it off. Funny thing is, it doesn't even have a bridge in it. Just pure direct damage. :D

N

Notepad

Hmm, you are right, without Hammerheim, this build of Burning Bridges will lose horribly to Rhinoseeker's landwalk capabilities...

I

Istanbul

Thank you. Fireblast. I KNEW I was forgetting something.
-4 Firebolt
+3 Fireblast
+1 Mountain

T

train

My thought was that they'd a been in there to start with if he owned them...

on the other hand - Chain lightning is a sorcery... and the only sorcery worth having in that deck is browbeat...;) :cool:

T

train

wheel - understood - but it's just a stronger browbeat...

chain lightning - gets beat out by incinerate - it's instant speed... and can't regenerate as a bonus, otherwise it might be in there...

but we probably need to hear the reasons from the owner of the deck...:cool: ;)

D

DeathMaster666

My Chain Lightning money is currently going towards NWN: Hordes of the Underdark. I'd use it if I had it, replacing the Firebolts, because I am not going to play anything on my opponent's turn if I have Skullcap out.