CPA Notables Category Suggestions

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, sageridder mentioned that perhaps we need some new categories this year and I agree. Especially since there hasn't been much of a female presence in the last year - those categories are mostly obsolete. So this thread is to solicit suggestions to replace them/add to the list.

Here were the categories from last year:

CPA King & Queen (maybe just King)
Most Funniest:
Most Likely to Win the Pro Tour:
Most Spirited:
CPA Rivals
Best Artist:
CPA Legend:
Most Intelligent:
Best Flamer:
CPA Granddad and Grandmom: (maybe just Granddad)
Most Friendliest and Helpful:
CPA Buddies:
Best Sig:
CPA Sex Kitten:
CPA Spammer:
Best MTG Mascot:
CPA Flirt:
Best CPA Writer:
Most Outspoken:
Most Likely to Become Famous for non-Magic reasons:
Best Homemade Card Designer:
Fairest Trader:
Best Deck Ideas:
Most Likely to Post While Naked:
CPA Iron Man (the person who seems to ALWAYS be on the boards):
Most Helpful with Deck Advice

The ones in bold are the ones most likely to be eliminated - most are pairs, the ones won by females in the past, and non-applicable categories today (Artist, Flamer, Iron Man).

So post some suggestions! We'll do a vote after a week or so.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac is said, due to the fact that since he hasn't been on a lot in the past year, he probably won't win three awards(like he's done for the past two years in a row.*

I know I won't get spirited this year. Too much competition for that category. I hope I still get funniest, but that probably won't happen either......unless I turn it up a notch in the next month:D. And most likely to become Famous for Non-Magic reasons, that should be a no brainer. I should win that every year.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ferret

Staff member
We had a pretty strong female presense at the beginning of the (fiscal) year, but lately there really hasn't been one...Still, I would rather keep the categories...

-Ferret

"Do Mrs. F's articles posted by me count?"

N

Nightstalkers

I know... with John on all the time, it seems that The Nightstalkers would win the ironman award...

Best up and coming game maker

Oh, and...

BUY ME A MUFFIN!!!!! ROAR!!!

S

Svenmonkey

Best up and coming game maker
I should get that one, since I can, like, do rather simple things with the Java programming language and stuff. I'm probably going to get a 5 on the AB version of the computer science AP test, too, but we'll have to wait until May or something for that one. You can't beat me, Nightstalkers. Ever.

N

Nightstalkers

I was not thinking about myself in that catagory. If I don't get an award, I'll congratulate those who do.

:rolleyes:

and anyways, its just all fun and games until someone loses the use of a limb because of that frantic 3046 hour game of GTA 3: Vice City. :p :D

Killer Joe

This would go to the CPA member who's got it all in the way of Type I cards and mass collection in general. In other words, a person who can make any deck because they have the cards.

The "S.T.P.A." Award
~Struggling Tournament Players Alliance~
This would go to a casual player who continues to go to PTQ's and scrub out.

The best deck idea's could be altered a little into three mini-awards: To players who best represent these categories as their play style.
The "Beat-Down" King
The "Combo" Guy
The "Control" Freak

The "Rules Lawyers Eye" for the casual guy.
This goes to a casual player who could, should or already IS a judge.

A

Apollo

Sven: I did get a 5 on the AB Computer Science test. :p I wouldn't really consider myself for the award, though.

Good luck on the test when you take it, I thought it was pretty tough compared to some of the other APs I've taken, mainly because of time.

S

Svenmonkey

They just switched it over to cover Java. I'm way ahead of my class, so I think I'm set for now.

What other AP tests did you take? The only other one I can take is Calculus.

A

Apollo

Yeah, I wished it would have been on Java for me. C++ instead.

I took that, BC Calc, American History, US Gov't, Comparative Gov't, Micro Econ, Macro Econ, Statistics, Physics, English Language, and English Literature.

M

Mazzak

I like Best Up and Coming Game Maker. also, "Most Stylish CPA member" for the best-dressed attendee of the award ceremony.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The problem with the females is that there's so few that most simply repeat in their categories based on memories and I'd rather keep it more "current". I know it covers the whole year but they ought to have been here the whole year.

Same reason why I'm cutting out the Iron Man award: there's really only a couple logical choices so it's just a vote between those people (myself and train are the foremost).

I would like to see some new categories along with the "traditional" ones to see new ways on how people think :)

T

train

I think the rivals could stay... though duke may be thought of foremost... i think there are others...

Namely me and... oh nevermind...

What about -

Most game-friendly...
Most Likely to tell WoTC how it is...
Most Likely to have a house built of Magic cards...
Most Likely to play blue...

:D

S

Svenmonkey

I took that, BC Calc, American History, US Gov't, Comparative Gov't, Micro Econ, Macro Econ, Statistics, Physics, English Language, and English Literature.
:eek: That's a load of AP tests. Did you take them all in High School?

A

Apollo

Sven: yeah, I was kinda lucky that my high school offered a bunch.

N

Nightstalkers

All I got from my HS was this crappy ring... And even then I was ignorant and festidious.

S

Svenmonkey

Man, my school will only let me take the AP tests for the AP courses I'm taking. If I wanted to take that many AP tests, I'd have to take so many classes that I'd have 0 free periods.

G

Gerode

That's quite impressive. I took seven out of the eight non-foreign language AP classes my school offered, but I was too lazy to do independent study like a few people did.

Most likely to brag about high school? :D