this has got to be the crappiest most overpriced game ever
even pokemon had some strategy to it and was a good intro to magic

does anyone else think yugioh is as lame as me

p.s. Nightstalker plays yu gi oh
look at his profile
he he he

N

Nightstalkers

I'm trained in playing Yu-Gi-Oh!, Poke'mon, Legend of the Five Rings, Magic: The Gathering, Robo Madness, DragonBall Z, WWF, and several others of which you've probably never ever heard of.

I enjoy playing another card game or puzzle when the players for such games are around.

But Yu-Gi-Oh! does have strategy... just not enough. Oh, and all the strategy in YGO is based around rare cards.

T

timmy

yea right
i like playing other games to but usually i like playing ones with strategies that a 2 year old couldn't figure

anyway i was just bord the other day so i was looking at profiles, just thought it was funny
i just have yet to find any self respecting magic players that play ygo

N

Nightstalkers

When your bored, you tend to go to doing anything.

I'd like to thank the guys over at a small bank turned card shop in Memphis, Tennessee for introducing me to Legend of the Five Rings though. LION CLAN FOREVER!!!!

I

Izaryo

though i'm personally interested in playing yu-gi-oh i think it's severely overpriced:eek:

....nighty you're a CCG maniac!!:D

N

Nightstalkers

I just get really bored... and find a lot of neat CCG/TCG's to fill my time with.

Oh, if your interested in playing Yu-Gi-Oh! we could start up a little game and play over in the gaming forums.

Hey, I try to accomodate everyones gaming fancy.

R

Rooser

Back when I played the REAL Star Wars CCG, (Decipher's, not WOTC's dummy-decoy of a game), some people tried to get me to play the Young Jedi game.

Now, I've played a couple of games of Yu-Gi-Oh and let me tell you, compared to that Young Jedi crap, Yu-Gi-Oh has strategy out the ear.

To me, Yu-Gi-Oh's downfall is its similarity to Magic. On a basic level, it's just a crappier version of Magic. Other CCGs which are lesser but DIFFERENT have their value in variety, but as Yu-Go-Oh is just Magic-but-Worse, I don't understand the fascination.

But my point is, there are plenty of CCGs that are much worse than Yu-Go-Oh in terms of strategy and depth, (And whoever designed Young Jedi should be shot).

Ferret

Staff member
The best non-Magic CCG I played was Illuminati: New World Order. It's a game that encourages lying, stealing, subterfuge, and of course, cheating. All of these are encouraged in the rules. As long as you know everyone's doing it all bets are off and you can have fun. I once played an seven player game at a gaming con where we had lots of fun making horrible deals w/ each other. Durring one takeover I helped both sides in exchange for a couple of their holdings. I won on the next turn. Life was good...

-Ferret

"Fun in the Bermuda Triangle..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I played the non-card game Illuminati a long time ago and got a couple packs of the card game. Never found any people to really play it though :(

N

Nightstalkers

Couple years back I went to this guys yard sale and almost bought a box full of sealed illuminati booster boxes for 20 cents a piece...

I would have bought them if it included a rule book...

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Nightstalkers
Couple years back I went to this guys yard sale and almost bought a box full of sealed illuminati booster boxes for 20 cents a piece...

I would have bought them if it included a rule book...
You can find the rules online...

-Ferret

"I could have bought a box of boosters for $5.00 - passed it up..."

N

Nightstalkers

Didn't know that...

Well, I felt sorry for the guy and baught a pack from one of the torn open boxes. Whatta ya know, I got a princess Di in the pack.

At that moment I picked up the paper and read that princess diana had died in a car accident. Shoved the card into a desk drawer and have never been able to find it since.