Attention M:TG players: Please get to the Mirrodin prerelease if you can....

T

Troll

I really want to go as I have gone to every one since Invasion. BUt unfortunately I have a camping trip that's been planned for over a month and before they announced the date of the Pre-release. Please post and let us know how the team event went. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I should be going and hopefully meeting up with Az and Zadok this time.

You should know not to schedule a camping trip around that time :p

N

Nightstalkers

Shame on you Troll, even a Troll knows not to schedule a camping trip around this most sacred event.

Guess I'll just have to arrange your kidnapping and plant you firmly to the tourney tables... Do you wear a size 4 manacle, or a size 5? :p :D

G

Gerode

This is going to be the first one in two years that I'm not going to be able to make :( I'm too far away from the nearest prerelease, and not having transportation anymore isn't helpful.

T

Troll

I wear a size 4 manacle and I prefer the red ball on a string as a gag (like the gimp had on in Pulp Fiction):p :p . I really want to go but my buddy hasn't had a weekend off all summer and he wants to go camping. It'll be a fun weekend. Another of my buds may go and I'll give him the money to pick me up the cards. I have all the pre-release cards and would die to miss one.

"what we gonna do wit' dat un de're?"
"I dunno, but he shure do got a purty mouth."
"can you squeal like a pig, boy?"
-random redneck in Deliverence-

T

train

Troll - are you in part of the Isabel storm?...

Also - I won't be able to make the pre-release either... sad for me...

T

Troll

No, I am about 4 hours inland near Charlotte. Thanks for asking though.

T

train

:)

Just wondering - kind of concerned for those of you living in that part of the country...

Haven't heard/seen from Spidey today either... he's around Baltimore - not sure what side...

Hope everyone up there is okay...

And maybe this is a sign about the release of Mirrodin...:eek:

N

Nightstalkers

WotC executives dropping from the clouds to had out fliers about Mirrodin?

Nah, they wouldn't go that far. Well, would they?

N

Notepad

Why would anyone want to go to the prerelease? You are getting ripped off heavily with this supposedly "great new fun format." I am glad I didn't make my way into this particular prerelease.

M

Mr_Pestilence

Yup.

Went to the PR, got the promo card, went 2-1 and won 3 packs, bought a foil Clockwork Dragon (Yahoo!)

First impressions:

Goblin Charbelcher = broken
Icy Manipulator = still good
Equipment = really good, especially w/ the right White Weenies

Favorite card (so far) = Betrayal of Flesh

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by train
:)
Haven't heard/seen from Spidey today either... he's around Baltimore - not sure what side...
This could be in Off-topic - I haven't checked, but my area was generally fine. I'm not in a flood zone so none of that, but I did lose power from Thursday night to Saturday afternoon. The federal government had closed for Thursday and Friday so that's more why I wasn't on then :)

T

train

Well it was just a mention of it, mainly in knowing that you all were looking at going to the PR... and then somehow NC and Virginia pissed off Neptune...;)

I wasn't sure if you weren't on because the gov't went down for a couple days, or because the storm had come through or what...

Just knew that spidey wasn't on the boards...

"It was horrible! The worst thing I could've ever imagined!..."

So I guess you didn't make the PR spidey?...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, I called them and it was still going on (although apparently the one in Virginia Beach was cancelled so a lot of people drove north to this one). I made it... will post my experiences sometime today.

T

Troll

Did anyone get to play in the "team play?" I was wondering how it went and if they're going to start doing it at every pre-release.

How much was it to participate in it? It doesn't seem right if they charged $25 a piece for 3 ppl to split what isn't even twice as much product. Maybe i'm just a cheap oink.

1 person play($25)=1 Tournament box and 3 boosters=1 deck ; or 3 ppl play ($75)=2 tournament box and 4 boosters=3 decks.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't participate in it but at least in the one I was in, the team was given 90 boosters to make decks with.

Plus, you only got 1 tourney pack and two boosters, not three in the regular flights.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it was for a deck for each team member, which may have been two...

Maybe Az remembers. It was a high amount though.

T

train

That would have been crazy - you could then go mono-color and not get color-hosed...