Equpped WW

R

rkoelsch

I think most people know I have been trying to make WW work with mixed results. Here is the newest incarnation.

I was thinking of using Auriok Steelshaper but without equipment he is not very good. Now equipment can go on any creature so I put 24 creatures in there.

What would you think of Leonin Den-Guard? W1 for a 1/3 Cat Soldier. Equipment him with Bonesplitter and he becomes a 4/4 doesn't tap to attack monster. I could probably put him in for the Whipcorders. Well here is the list.

cc1
4-Savannah Lions
4-Suntail Hawks(I like the evasion)
4-Bonesplitter(Equip:1 +2/+0)

cc2
4-Leonine Skyhunter(WW 2/2 Flying Cat Soldiers)
4-Silver Knight
4-Whipcorder
2-Lightning Greaves(Equip:0 Gives haste and can't be targeted)WOW
2-Memory Mask(Equip:2 when it damages draw 2 discard 1)
2-Empryrial Plate(Equip:2 Gives +1/+1 for each card in hand)

cc3
2-Wing Shards
2-Loxodon Warhammer(Equip:3 +3/+0, gain life equal to damage)

cc4
2-Dawn Elemental
2-Exalted Angels

4-Ancient Dens(Artifact Plains)
18-Plains

LMK what you think.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't looked at the spoiler, just have seen the cards that WOTC puts out, but what about the Fireshrieker that gives double-strike?

R

rkoelsch

I would have to replace the Warhammers with them and I prefer the Warhammer ability to the double strike. What if I have to equip a hawk. After spending 5 mana now my hawk does 2 instead of 1, not that thrilling. I wanted to pick equipment I would be happy putting on anything. The only one I made an exception for is the Memory Mask. It needs to go on a flyer but card drawing was always needed in a WW deck and this should help.

T

train

card drawing was always needed in a WW deck and this should help.
That's one thing Mirrodin seems to be doing - giving colors a lot of powers they didn't have before(at least the color wheel likes ot see them weak at these items...) and without mixing colors...:eek: :cool:

R

Rooser

I have been trying to make WW work with mixed results.
You have heard of Land Tax and Armageddon, haven't you? ;)

Anyway, I've been looking at the spoiler too and was trying to build the same deck. Of course, what you have to abuse is the fact that Auriok Steelshaper gives bonuses to Soldiers and Knights, which means you probably should avoid creatures which aren't one or the other, (So Savannah Lions can go).

Also, since White doesn't have anyting remotely resembling Armageddon in type 2, it needs another way to usurp control of the table. Strangely, I'm thinking Wrath of God before anything else, because it's a good reset button if you fail to jump ahead of your opponent, but it can be a strange thing to run in an almost exclusively creature deck. Hmm, it's a tough issue to address, so just remember that unless you have a virtual-lockdown card like Armageddon, you'll probably have trouble building a really tourney-worthy WW.

That said, WW can certainly lay the beats nowadays. Mirrodin was very kind.

Here's my first draft of this deck:

Equipment (8):
2x Lightning Grieves, (My Personal Favorite of the Equipments).
2x Loxodon Warhammer, (Certainly good in the end-game).
2x Bonesplitter, (Cheap and effective!)
2x Memory Mask, (I'll take card drawing in my white-weenie anyday).

Note: Empyrial Plate is almost redundant. True white weenie is not about getting a huge creature down, it's about countroling the board quickly and irrevocably. Empyrial Armor only ever makes the cut in 1.5 WW because Land Tax can keep your hand full.

Creatures ():
Auriok Steelshaper x3
Silver Knight x4
Leonin Skyhunter x4
Whipcorder x4
Leonin Denguard x3
Deftblade Elite x4
Gustcloak Runner x4

Note: I know I'm not running the full count of the Equipment abusers, but they aren't worth the mana if I can't get the Equipment working, huh?

Other Things (8):
Wrath of God x2
Raise the Alarm x4
Mobilization x2

Land (18):
Winswept Heath/Flooded Strand x4
Plains x14

Low Land Count because casting costs are low.

Again this is the first draft. Some of the more daring points of this design might not work right, but it's my two cents for now.

T

train

Coat of Arms maybe...

"It would be cool in a weenie deck..."

T

timmy

i have been working on ww deck to
the only difference is that mine is a soldier deck that abuses (if its possible) daru warchief
anyway i won't go into my deck but i will tell the 1 best card u can add is

deftblade elite
it is awesome i would definately try 4 in this deck

C

Captain Caveman

After playing in the pre-release, this is what I'm going to try. Turn
three 4/4's are beats. Well, limited beats anyway. Not sure how
good it will be but I gotta start somewhere.

Mirrodin-WW

4 Suntail Hawk
*4 Leonin Den Guard
4 Leonin Skyhunter
4 Silver Knight
4 White Knight
4 Whipcorder
4 Exalted Angel
*4 Bonespliter
4 Emperial Plate(sp?)

24 Plains

R

rkoelsch

I really think that equipped WW is different than regular. You are less likely to have a lot of threats on the board. Just make your monster and send him

T

train

I'd agree - if it wasn't so easy to get rid of a single creature nowadays...

there's a lot of 1 creature removal/control spells out there...

R

rkoelsch

okay just finished looking at the mirrodin ww deck. It has Auriok Steelshaper as one of it's rares. Also has lots of equipment. I'd like playing it by itself. I am definitely getting one.

R

Reverend Love

What about Leonin Scimitar as a replacement for Memory Mask? It's not nearly as flashy but then again it's not nearly as expensive to caste or equip.