Ascii Art Hath Returned!!!!

N

Nightstalkers

What? it was a demented man who made the program...

and it'll take another demented man to figure out how to use it :confused:

S

Svenmonkey

Well the guy obviously didn't do the Matrix one by hand. He probably made a program to do it.

N

Nightstalkers

Its gonna take a genious to figure out how to make this program work again..

or another very sick programmer :eek:

S

Svenmonkey

I'm saying he probably made a program to analyze a group of pixels in a screenshot, probably 16x16 or something small like that, then had it substitute a letter if it was a dark area or a space if it was a light area. I'm not sure how to do it, but some more advanced programmers might know. Then he probably took the individual screenshots that were converted to ASCII and sequenced them with something to make it run like the movie.

That's just my theory.

Hey, if anyone still has that installed, can they send a zip to Svenmonkey@aol.com? I deleted it for some reason and the download from that page won't work for me now.

G

Gerode

I doubt it's hard to do the Matrix ASCII if you have the software. I've heard of a Quake mod that turns its graphics into ASCII...

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by Svenmonkey
I'm saying he probably made a program to analyze a group of pixels in a screenshot, probably 16x16 or something small like that, then had it substitute a letter if it was a dark area or a space if it was a light area. I'm not sure how to do it, but some more advanced programmers might know. Then he probably took the individual screenshots that were converted to ASCII and sequenced them with something to make it run like the movie.
There are several sites on the internet that that do that, here's one of them, http://www.text-image.com/convert/

N

Nightstalkers

Well, download one of them programs and post what'cha make here :D