oh my god--Magic the movie.

• Thread starter immortal grave walker
  • Start date
I

immortal grave walker

has anyone seen the previews for the new magic movie. arnold (ill be back) is playing karn, jim carry is playing sqee,sean conery is playing urza,brad pit is playing gerald,and duolph Lungrey (or what ever his name is ) is playing evincar,( i think). Its directed by ridley scott, and its a dream works picture. this movie should be great. Any thoughts on this?

M

Mundungu

Actually I saw the advertisement in Inquest just yesterday (although I bought it 3 weeks ago).

I stared at it like 10 mn.

Schwartzenegger, Carey, Ridley Scott ?????

My GOD !!!

Actually I am still wondering if it is a joke or something.
An advertisement in dream style ????

CAN IT BE TRUE ??

if yes then what a boost it will be for Magic ...
Great !

However, it just makes me wonder how much the guys selling Magic actually MAKE in profit to be able to pay these actors ....

Hearing Magic the Movie I thought of a bad type B flick with a 20.000 $ Budget.

So once again ... Is it True ?

If yes, then how come NOBODY speaks about it ???

G

Griffith_se

I think You've been had. If You're talking about than full page ad in InQuest- take a closer look down at the bottom of the page. It says something like- "Parody advertisement".
Sorry, I wish it where true, but if there was a M:tG movie in the works we would have heard about it long before casting.

[Edited by Griffith_se on June 22nd, 2000 at 02:18 PM]

I

immortal grave walker

Well i guess april fools came in june this year to. Now thats a sad joke. if it were true you have to admit it would be great with all those actors. It looks like a real movie poster in sorts.

M

Mundungu

Well, there is a little something else, in the same issue they write (inquest june I think) about all the upcoming movies, like X-Men, Matrix 2 etc... and they mention Magic the Movie there too, If I am not mistaken.

The cast of actors really made me wonder.
I mean Arnold and Jim ok but Bradd Pit ? and ridley scott as director ??? would cost them hundred of millions.

Still it would be cool.

What about an MTG anim ?? that could be cool and less costy.

I

immortal grave walker

if they ever did make a movie and it went main streem. How woud it effect the game and prices on cards? just a thought.

A

Apollo

I looked through the Inquest and saw the ad. It's a joke. A nice fantasy, but a fantasy nonetheless. And Mundungu, it isn't mentioned in the upcoming movies section. If there really was a movie, I don't think you'd see it in Inquest first.

Apollo

C

Cateran Overlord

God, when I got that issue and saw the ad I was speechless for at least 10 minutes, staring at it again and again.

Then I saw the "Parody Advertisement" and nearly collapsed of a heart attack. I'm thinking of suing them, becuase that was NOT funny :) God what I would give for a Magic movie. Even an anime TV series would kick ass. I just want to see it moving for once, and it has SO much potential to be cool.

G

galtwish

Yeah, but the D&D movie has Jeremy Irons, Thora Birch (American Beauty), and a couple other name people (ok, ok, Marlon Wayans doesn't really count), and it will be released this summer or fall (I think) along with the big push for 3E rules. Magic: The Movie-ing is only a year away if they want it-it just doesn't have the cultural significance that D&D has. Besides, it would either look like a medival "Matrix", what with flying and spells and what not, or like 'Willow" which is cool if your 10 9or saw it when you were 10). Those movies look bad and take too much concentration on learning new characters. C'mon, everybody just wants to see "Batman 5: The Sickening"

Erik
(Wow, that was a little vitrolic)

B

Bob

Magic is WAY too good for Japanese Anime! C'mon! his is the nation that invented Pokemon here! (No offense the Poke'players) I mean, it's bad animation, no horrible. If magic was a movie......
It would be with real people! When i saw someone say something about an anime, I was amazed....
it would turn a cool, neat TV show and have it ending up on Saturday Morning cartoons! I admit, it may get more players...yeah....we'd all watch it and it may replace Pokemon and raise Magic to the top! YES!
Seriously, I really think it would be good to be a mix of real people and CGI.

G

godhand3

Well that would be different, Magic the Movie-based on the popular card game. Usually the t.v. show or movie comes first. And I would not care if it were anime I would still watch it