anyone play 5-color?

13NoVa

im thinking of getting into it... some guys around here play it and it looks like A LOT OF fun...

what you guys think... if anyone here plays i might post my idea for a deck...

T

TidusX

Well I personally dont play all colors so i can avoid the hassle of not getting the right mana at the right time. If you are thinking of starting a rainbow color deck i think that if you are a beginner you should reconsider but, if you aren't then i think that is a plausible idea. I will however, say this. rainbow decks are hard to use so u should b sure u r ready for them.

O

orgg

the www.5-color.com way?

I use to, when I lived in Atlanta. Noone around here plays it anymore, though, and I don't have much free time, either...

T

train

If I run 5 color, it usually has a hunting grounds, and the only blue is Iridescent Angel... but she's really white - Blue doesn't have angels...;) :p

R

Rooser

A 5-color Global Ruin deck can be really good in multiplayer, (And pretty solid in two-player, for that matter). I've had it defacto-banned in my playgroup, though I think it's due for a comeback...

N

Nightstalkers

I was thinking of the old elves with toys deck... ya know, elves build any color mana you want, then ya throw in another color for the win.

R

Rooser

Yeah, manabarbs is funny in an elves w/toys type of deck.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The only one I know who might be playing 5-Color is Dune Echo but I haven't seen him post lately. You might want to send him a PM. I was interested but my group wasn't so down the tubes that idea went :(

I

Izaryo

5-color is hard to play and don't tell me i don't know about it

N

NorrYtt

With an article too!

Riptide Shapeshifter and Friends

4x Sunscape Familiar
4x Wall of Mulch
4x Wall of Blossoms
4x Jungle Barrier
4x Wall of Roots
4x Flametongue Kavu (Kavu)
4x Dwarven Blastminer (Dwarf)
4x Ashen Ghoul (Ghoul)
1x Avalanche Rider
1x Bone Shredder (Minion)
1x Ravenous Baloth
1x Gilded Drake (Drake)
1x Spike Weaver
1x Cartographer (Townsfolk)
1x Tradewind Rider
1x Aura Thief (Illusion)
1x Woodripper
1x Ancient Hydra (Hydra)
1x Uktabi Orangutan (Ape)
1x Quirion Dryad
1x Withered Wretch (Zombie)
1x Thrull Surgeon (Thrull)
1x Elvish Piper
1x Viashino Heretic (Viashino)
1x Krovikan Horror (Horror)
1x Thornscape Battlemage
1x Thunderscape Battlemage
1x Rayne, Academy Chancellor
1x Peacekeeper (Peacekeeper)
1x Coalition Honor Guard (Flagbearer)
2x Genesis
1x Glory
1x Wonder
1x Anger
4x Mystic Enforcer (Mystic)
4x Spiritmonger
1x Morphling
1x Deranged Hermit
1x Masticore
1x Akroma, Angel of Wrath (Angel)
1x Verdant Force (Elemental)
1x Arcanis the Omnipotent
1x Multani, Maro-Sorceror
1x Phantom Nishoba
1x Avatar of Woe (Avatar)
1x Visara the Dreadful (Gorgon)
1x Rith, the Awakener (Dragon)
1x Phyrexian Plaguelord (Carrier)
1x Vesuvan Doppelganger (Doppelganger)
1x Sliver Queen (Sliver)
4x Swords to Plowshares
4x Pernicious Deed
4x Buried Alive
4x Contract from Below
1x Oversold Cemetery
1x Living Death
4x Nature's Lore
4x Fact or Fiction
1x Firestorm
1x Aura Shards
1x Jeweled Bird
4x Natural Order
4x Pattern of Rebirth
4x Riptide Shapeshifter
3x Eladamri's Call
1x Regrowth
1x Nostalgic Dreams
1x Restock
1x Hermit Druid
1x Recoup
1x Gamble
1x Wheel of Fortune
1x Mystical Tutor
1x Windfall
1x Time Spiral
1x Stroke of Genius
1x Balance
1x Enlightened Tutor
1x Weathered Wayfarer
1x Sol Ring
1x Memory Jar
1x Grinning Totem
1x Citanul Flute
1x Planar Portal
1x Diabolic Intent
1x Vampiric Tutor
1x Recurring Nightmare
1x Yawgmoth's Will
1x Demonic Tutor
1x Mind Twist
1x Diabolic Tutor
1x Living Wish
1x Cunning Wish
1x Burning Wish
1x Savannah
1x Taiga
2x Tropical Island
2x Bayou
4x Windswept Heath
4x Wooded Foothills
2x Polluted Delta
1x Flooded Strand
4x Llanowar Wastes
4x Yavimaya Coast
4x Brushland
2x Karplusan Forest
4x Grand Coliseum
1x Treva's Ruins
1x Rith's Grove
1x Crosis's Catacombs
1x Dromar's Cavern
4x Gemstone Mine
2x Bad River
1x Grasslands
2x Krosan Verge
4x Thawing Glaciers
1x Terminal Moraine
4x Treetop Village
1x Dust Bowl
1x Wasteland
1x Winding Canyons
21x Forest
7x Island
3x Plains
3x Swamp
2x Mountain

T

train

5-color is not hard to play with Hunting grounds and sneak attack...

M

mythosx

i have a five colored sliver deck. i origianally made it with all the old slivers in the deck and the deck was 96 cards thick. i currently have at least one copy of ever single sliver in my deck cept hte overlord. this is a deck for fun and is fun not meant to be played in tournament in any shape or form. i need over lords if any one is welling to sell or trade me one. but basically i play with only basic lands about 15 green, 4 of each other color, 4 lotus petals, 4 rampant growths, harrows, explosive vegitations, and sprouting vines. it works pretty well and usually im good on mana and those land getting spells thin out my deck enough to the point where i usually am only drawing my creatures. on a good day i bust out the queen around turn three. on a bad day my friend reams my deck with engineered plagues before i can get my muscle or plated slivers....

I

Izaryo

slivers are good with all colors..
I played against a friend with a 5-color sliver deck. Did he get annoyed getting provoked all the time. i really like hunted sliver.

D

Dune Echo

Originally posted by Spiderman
The only one I know who might be playing 5-Color is Dune Echo but I haven't seen him post lately. You might want to send him a PM. I was interested but my group wasn't so down the tubes that idea went :(
Yes, please shoot me a PM when someone talks about 5-Color here! I need something to catch my interest in Magic again!

M

mythosx

yeah the hunter is alright...but for sheer annoyance ward sliver in the new brood and crystaline sliver in the old one are number 2 and number 1 respectively.

ooh thats a nice card. thanx train.. but i think ill pass only land gettitng cards and slivvers in my deck i would play with out the land searching cards but i can't survive if i don't. only slivers in this deck im planning on packing 4 sliver over lords...any body want to trade for them or sell them to me??? please\!!!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Dune Echo
Is there any other 5-Color stuff I've missed. Spiderman, please feel free to PM me or IM me if something comes up!
Nope, this has been it for a while. I'll keep my eyes open though for future stuff...

D

Dune Echo

Originally posted by 13NoVa
what you guys think... if anyone here plays i might post my idea for a deck...
13NoVa, post your deck and I'll be happy to give you any constructive criticism I can. There's an old thread that CHA1N5 wrote a while back (even got turned into an article) about a few basic cards that work really well in just about any 5-Color deck and are accessible to anyone.