2 Academy Rector

Land: 23
4 Plateau
4 Battlefield Forge
1 Kor Haven
1 Shivan Gorge
7 Plains
6 Mountains

Here's the summary of the deck. Use Rolling Stone to give your walls the ability to attack. Then either with Dwarven Thaumaturgist or About Face swap it's power and toughness suddenly your stupid 2/6 Wall of Heat is now a 6/2. Knighthood really helps out the walls especially Wall of Stone (which yes requires fortified area to even live while attacking). Total War keeps the goons at bay along with the Kor Haven. Academy Rector is my kamikaze soldier tutoring for whatever is necessary at the time. Shivan Gorge is in there to whittle people away nice and slow like. The one thing I do like about walls is how incredibly cheap they are. Suggestions, comments?

K

Ka0s 0verdrive

seems to me that you've got alot of running around for your cards... could you perhaps make the major theme constant? (ie, 4x of important cards)

not to mention that the 1x Swords to Plowshares seems out of place a tad.

Just a suggestion/comment. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Why no use of the Walls that animate themselves (like Walking Wall)? That way you're not solely dependent on Rolling Stones...

C

CrazyMongrel

i agree with spiderman...relying only on Rolling stones is far too risky..and why don' you splash green with wall of mulch and/or wall of blossoms for card-drawing?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Same thing, you're dependent on enchantments (and Rolling Stones is better in that it affects all Walls and not just one).

N

NorrYtt

Kyren Negotiations for the kill. Grand Melee can ensure that your opponent's creatures throw themselves at your Walls.

R

Reverend Love

The reason for not using walls which can attack is both elegant and simple, they SUCK! Either their activiation cost was high or they're just too small to be decent blockers. My high reliance on Rolling Stones is the result.

-1 StP
+1 Rolling Stones

The StP was really just filler. The desperate need of Rolling Stones is really decreased by the addition of Rector. Also by yanking the single StP the chances of drawing one is increased. Knighthood and Noble Purpose arn't really required for the deck to do it's stuff, just support. The Great thing about the walls is that they're CHEAP! However I do need a better win condition. ENLIGHTEN ME OOH MESSAGE BOARD ORACLES!

N

NorrYtt

Kyren Negotiations 2RR
Enchantment

Tap an untapped creature you control: ~this~ deals 1 damage to target player.

At EOT, just tap all your Walls to plink your opponent. They will die in 4 or so turns, and they can't fight through your excellent blockers.

N

Nightstalkers

day of the dragons!

seven mana, but after your (hopefully) long stand. your opponent will have diddley to do about it.

on that thought, also try fog bank if you throw in some blue.

2 mana for a 0/2 with a combat reduction bubble is a nice deal.

R

Reverend Love

Hmm...if I could just find a way to tap my walls for damage at the end of their turn ....that'd be great...if there were only a card to do that.

N

Nightstalkers

Kyren negotiations of course... :rolleyes:

Is there anything else that can be done with the walls?

blue mistform wall deck with the different lords?

R

Reverend Love

Here's the new and much improved Wall'O DEATH! Using NorrYtt's great suggestion of Kyren Negotiations I'll hide behind the mammoth walls and pick on whomever is weakend. I also threw in a few life gaining cards because chances are I'll take few to the head. Figured Total War and Crawl Space would keep my opponents creature totals low and blood pressure high. StP...go plow some fields. Comments, suggestions?

Main Spells: 8
2 Total War
2 Crawl Space
4 Kyren Negotiations

Walls: 16
4 Walls of Stone
4 Wall of Swords
4 Sunweb
4 Wall of Heat

Spells: 8
2 Disenchants
2 Order/Chaos
4 Convergence

Creatures: 3
3 Academy Rector

Artifacts: 2
2 Ivory Tower

Land: 23
4 Plateau
4 Battlefield Forge
1 Kor Haven
1 Shivan Gorge
7 Plains
6 Mountains

T

train

I'd say Altar of Dementia is cool for an Alternate win condition...

I do like the final deck...

And even though it's a wall deck... Kjeldoran Outpost would just be cute...