Uggh. Soulbonding.... //Takes 20mg tranq prescription

• Thread starter Shiro, Time Devourer
  • Start date
S

Shiro, Time Devourer

This is some stupid anime phenomenon that has a particularly strong following with fanfic writers.

I know it's a Herculean task for me to maintain my grasp on reality, try as I might, but this makes me look like Judge Judy in the Being-In-Touch-With-The-Real-World department. AND it has occult ties up the wazoo.

If you don't know what it is, I'm sorry, but here are some awful links of the day to give you information.

The Father, Son and Holy Ghost must be the only persons around who hate this concept more than I do.

http://childofmana.tripod.com/soulbondingfaq.htm

http://www.shininghalf.com/desprit/soulbond/theory.html

http://****enshi.net/soulbonds.html

Y33sh with a capital 3. Your response is welcome.

Set your anger free, casual players.

N

Nightstalkers

why is it that you meddle in our affairs? Do we parade around with your website?

*Devil comes out*

Leave us alone! Leave us alone! Leave us alone!

SoulBonding :D

P.S.: Your not losing your sanity, your becoming a Nightstalker :p

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

shi-te-n-shi. Not **** enshi. It's Japanese, though the editor's error is understandable.

Also, Do you actually SB, Nightstalkers?

//Cringes in anticipation of the answer.

If any of those sites are yours, I'll be genuinely surprised.
In addition, I have no website that's currently running.

If you say I'm becoming a Nightstalker, you will not assimilate me. Not on your life.

N

Nightstalkers

*You will ask if we SoulBond and i'll prepare by SoulBonding with my fav. character and turning on the hands free keyboard... this may take a few minutes so I'll let him type after it is complete.*

Hammadad no preel decamp vergo gammat ugh hugh it is a webbbsitee whiiich is under our wing so to speack why would somevone of yourrr undershandingg want to think that whihc real of soul in this worldl you have mental anom lies whihc opin on verj ov oter timgs ga

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

//Gets remote control from backpack, the control having but one big red button.

Above it is the description: "INVOKE RECURRING PLOT DEVICE"

You lay a hand on me and you say hi to an old friend (not an opposing SB. You don't want to find out.)

//Thumb a full 1mm from Big Red Button.

Whoever-he-is is breaking up. What is he saying. I want to know if I'm being challenged, please.

N

Nightstalkers

I would not know what he is saying I was coming back out of it near the end there so don't know much...

Nightstalkers never challenge, they like to take you while your still thinking wether or not something bad is hapening. Kill a man with a Phyrexian weapon from longrange, rape someone with a spoon, weave the strands of your doom into the deepest soul of naught.

one thing about SoulBonding, you get this wierd effect with your thought process :confused:

Attachments

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

<Solid Snake> No... I can't do it... </Snake>

/*Returns RC to pocket, locks it to avoid accidental button pushage, then sighs.*/

/*walks back slowly, in a very defensive, anticipating mood; knowing he's no longer in Kansas.*/

Dear God let this be a fluke, or a hallucination. I don't want to have to push it, Lord. Pleeeeeeeease give me strength.....

N

Nightstalkers

*Squirrel climbs up Shiro/solid's pants and bite his balls*

:rolleyes:

always wanted to see the look on Solid Snakes face when that happened...

<The Infernal Jestor>

Attachments

S

Svenmonkey

That SoulBonding thing is so amazingly sad...

So sad it makes me want to crush the idiots who do it or whatever.

B

Bio

Okay . . . I looked at the links but I still can't figure out what soul bonding is. Can someone (nightstalker, perhaps :p ) tell me what it is?

N

Nightstalkers

Bio, when you give us the tung, make sure you can back it up.

[Profane smilie .gif deleted - TomB]

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

No. that wasn't my hand up snake's butt. It was me doing a Snake voice. Sorry. No ball pain here.

N

Nightstalkers

Code:
Thought that was his thumbs... thnx Tommie.
Why not build a water park with all of that tubing?

D

DÛke

I can't believe I'm replying to this thread, but I love putting an end to little-boy's fantasies, I love threatening their "existence."

I have heard of "soul bonding" before, albeit, in different forms.

The fantasy to soul bond finds its roots in subhuman desires like no others. At the forefront of its "concept," we find a desire to be immortal, to be eternal, free of time, "virtual" - unreal. In other words, to be as far away, as distant, as beside one's self as possible. Not that this is any news; we exhibit this type of subhuman strive in, say, the religious man and what he calls “faith.” This, of course, is only the surface of "soul bonding." "Connecting" with one's character is a device of self-deception in which the person loses himself, not in himself, but in the lives of nonexistent characters. This is perhaps the greatest pleasure a depressed, miserable, rejected, lonely teen, as well as lonely adults, can find: to be able to posses the life of another, to relinquish one's self, one's life, and to embody the existence of another, or, as they carefully mask this, to "soul bond." This should never be compared to authors and the way in which they construct their characters – there is nothing of soul bonding there; an author’s characters are an extension of himself. The victims of the soul bond phenomena, on the other hand, find only the relationship they so long for in their characters, they find only the characters who exhibit the drive that the actual person would otherwise conceal. Weakness of the mind, weakness of the will, personality defects, insecurity, fear of loneliness, fear of taking action, but above all, hidden desires, motives, and passionate wanting - all these are welcomed characteristics of those who "soul bond."

It is sometimes suspected as a psychological disease, as "multiple personality," or "schizophrenia." There is not the slightest hint of this. Psychological, or actual mental malfunction or "abnormality" is nonexistent here. In fact, the person is in total control, and quite willful as well, as he dreams himself, flees away from himself, charms himself into a targeted fictitious character so as to feel what he otherwise suppresses, so as to become what he otherwise could not ever accomplish, to be alive, where as, otherwise, he is lifeless.

Not that it is sick, but that it portrays the general mass sickness of fantasy and fantasizing to rid one's self from one's life - once, it was the means of "immoral" attempts, as suicide. Today, more than ever before, we see this in the transference of existence, of responsibility, of life. "Soul bonding" exists in many forms, and the common man is capable of soul bonding. It is not artistic, as an author's creation of characters, but it is pathetic, the triumph of a decadent life over itself...there it finds happiness. And by "there," I mean, in nowhere and in nothingness.

Have fun! :D

N

Nightstalkers

Another person who has the will and the way to thwart another sinister plan brought to you by The Nightstalkers... :(

It is another great plan by Nightstalker the Tormentor.

"The best prison is, and always will be, your own mind" — The Tormentor

D

DÛke

Don't be upset. I am hoping that you overcome such a filthy concept. It is unhealthy. If you think I have exposed what "soul bonding" really is, know that it is because I, myself, have experienced, have for long experienced, and have, in the past, only drowned myself in experiencing it.

It happnes almost beyond your control? - doesn't it? You become possessed. You begin to, literarly, feel the target persona, all his or her emotions, you become the targeted subject in full. And you make up acts, acts which you, yourself, would only desire to do by the means of your own body, your own will, your own self-image - you place "yourself" in situations where you would love to put your actual self in. And as I said, the greatest danger of a true soular possession is the fact that you feel the feelings, even physiologically and psychologically; you cry when proper, for example. If one would notice you in that state, and sees that you are crying, or perhaps speaking to yourself, they might think you're mad.

Oh yes...I've gone through the limits...but it is an overture to something grand...

B

Bio

ahh, I understand now. It really seems sad. I know a few people like that in real life, and they are always very depressed people.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

DÛke, thank you for speaking much of what I have only thought,

That alone says more to prove our points than any words either of us could ever say, at our best, in a decade.

Thank you very much.

N

Nightstalkers

by exposing the act, you immunize all who read at this forum. Now we have no choice but to disban that legion of Nightstalkers, and pursue another sligh idea such as the mind control of President Bush... Still don't have that worked out :confused: hes just so darned wierd in his notions